Headliner (Eastwood)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
My headliner is being installed tomorrow and I decided to have them install the Eastwood Theromomat stuff between it and the roof. One of the Mustang restoration companies (not one of ours on here) suggested against doing this. They said in high heat it could detach and fall down on the liner (and cause damage). Any thoughts?

I used the eastwood stuff in my car. Not on the roof. I used it in the doors and floor and its still sticking good after 4 years. It sticks really well,but it has to be very clean. No rust or old fabric. Has to seal to the roof very well if you use it up there. Make sure you roll it in very well to get it to adhere.

My headliner is being installed tomorrow and I decided to have them install the Eastwood Theromomat stuff between it and the roof. One of the Mustang restoration companies (not one of ours on here) suggested against doing this. They said in high heat it could detach and fall down on the liner (and cause damage). Any thoughts?
I have no experience with that but do know that under hood insulation is held in place by those plastic push pins. I wouldn't trust anything to stick to an upside down frying pan. Did MM suggest an alternative?

I have no experience with that but do know that under hood insulation is held in place by those plastic push pins. I wouldn't trust anything to stick to an upside down frying pan. Did MM suggest an alternative?
Standard insulation (which I do own).

Jeremy, I hope they are not done in that picture

It looks like you are missing a bow behind the dome light ???

Might be missing 2 or 3 bows

Also don't see the toothed metal hooks on the roof to quarter panel area.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Don
Don

Here is a before picture. Also, what do the toothed metal hooks looked like? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367075218.274603.jpg

Don
Don

Here is a before picture. Also, what do the toothed metal hooks looked like?
They missed some bows

The metal / hook strip is there in your picture

It runs in the area where the headliner meets the sail panels

I'm hoping the body shop didn't remove these items to clean / blast the rust and not put them back in ??

Don
Don

Here is a before picture. Also, what do the toothed metal hooks looked like?
They missed some bows

The metal / hook strip is there in your picture

It runs in the area where the headliner meets the sail panels

I'm hoping the body shop didn't remove these items to clean / blast the rust and not put them back in ??
Don,

I can see three bows behind the light and one in front of the light. The glare on the picture makes it hard to see but if you look to the passenger side, you can see the invention of the bows. The glare on the driver's side is making it hard to see. I will see if I can get a better pic Monday. As for the other, I am not sure about it.

Here is all three pics I took on Friday. One shows 2 bows in front of the light and 3 behind it. Is this correct?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367096756.105878.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367096805.042197.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367096833.396528.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics. The light was making it hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I can see them in this pic

Sorry could not see them at all in the first one

Yes I can see them in this pic

Sorry could not see them at all in the first one
No problem Don. I appreciate you guys helping me keep my eyes open. I was in a hurry to leave town, but I almost stroked when you pointed it out.

From my phone I could not see it either.

Hello Texas !

I did mine last week - this is how it looks.

The jaw teeth are at the very end in the rear arounf the rear window.

The headlining is folded over the teeth do you cannot actually see them...

here's a photo

IMAG0148.jpg

Back