Intermittent Wiper Question

My intermittent wipers are acting more like random wipers. When turned on using the normal on position, the wipers do not stop when turned to off. They continue for a couple of minutes, about 2 minutes then stop. Same thing if I try the intermittent setting, they run constant for a couple of minutes then stop.

Looking for any advice - switch? relay? both? neither? They do stop eventually. If you shut the car off and then turn it back on - the wipers resume until they decide to go off.

Thanks.

1673if.png

50 F1

73 Mach 1

86 F150

96 F150

2014 F150

Always looking

When I pulled mine to bits to fix it I did notice that there is a stop position which disconnects power. They designed them like this so they won't turn off half way up your windscreen. I'd say it just needs adjusting. If you're crazy enough to pull it apart. Not that complex once you analyse it. Can't remember whether it's just copper tracks or a cam or both which was out of whack on mine. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Image3.png

Jim

Unless I am confused, the wiper park is part of the wiper motor. The relay is the intermittent governor. It is mounted below the dash and tucked up under the center section (that holds the gauges if you have them). Here is a picture of where mine is placed. My '73 came with intermittent wipers so I suspect this is the original location. I will be taking it out soon to see if that is the problem.

Sorry the picture plug in is not working right now - I'll try to post the picture later.

WP_000621.thumb.jpg.34f1690c7f4a3631065380d5e6167f67.jpg

1673if.png

50 F1

73 Mach 1

86 F150

96 F150

2014 F150

Always looking

There are 2 bolt holes in the metal panel below the radio that looks like a shelf. They are on the left side toward the back. Hope this helps

I am just here to eat my lunch and screw stuff up!!!!!lollerz