Car alarm with smartphone

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Anyone here have a car alarm where you can arm/disarm and monitor via smartphone?

I realize that I might be a little paranoid, but I would like to keep an extra eye on the car when I'm not next to it.

The one in my car is capable with their add on module:

http://www.c3autopageusa.com/what-is-c3.html
Yes Autopage, Directed Electronics (Viper) and Compustar offer modules to add control of your alarm via a smart phone. The main concern for installing a system like this in our vehicles is that the smart phone module antenna needs a clear view of the sky. This is simple in newer cars because it can be installed high up in the under dash or behind the cluster and function because the dash is plastic. Our Metal dash will inhibit the signal. It would likely have to be hidden somewhere under the rear window.

There is a monthly charge for the service and each of them offer slightly different features.

Autopage was recently purchased by Varad (a crappy company that sells led and neon lighting accessories) and are completely disorganized at the moment. I was a dealer for several years, but I'm waiting to see if they turn things around.

Back