Greetings from NashVegas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convertible
Although I am technically the 3rd owner of my 73 convertible, the car belonged to a friend of mine that drove it to college and he got the car from his Uncle who bought it new. So I feel like I'm the 2nd owner since it was in the same family for 37 years. After college, my friend put the car away in his Grandmothers garage and it stayed there until she passed away. He then brought the car to his house and parked it in the backyard beside his garage for the next 6 years. Finally I started telling him that he needed to either start working on the car or give it to someone that will save it. One saturday evening we were having a crawfish boil and he told me that he would never have the money to fix the car up right so he said if you want the car come and get it.

So the following Monday I scheduled a wrecker to pick the car up and take it 50 miles out to my house. I've been working on it for about 3 years now and am getting pretty close to completion. I tried to upload some pics yesterday but I apparently didn't get them in a small enough format yet.

Yes, I didn't pay a dime for the car but I have paid a small fortune in all the things I have done and some things twice because I was taken for a ride.

I've been lurking in this forum for about 2 weeks since i discovered it.

I'm so glad that I came across this forum compared to the others. Everyone seems to have a great spirit for the 71-73 model years and I have enjoyed some great reading thus far.

Thank you all and I hope to be able to contribute whatever help or non-help I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

The cool thing about this site is that you don't need to resize your pics to post them here.

When you type a post, scroll down a little and you'll find "New Attachment" on the left followed by an epmty box and a "browse" button. When you click the browse button, you simply select the pic from your computer and upload it.

If for some reason that doesn't work, check this link. That should solve your problems.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/announcement-forum-help-faq-s

Welcome from Virginia! Great story. Has your friend kept tabs on your restoration of the car? Hopefully you will let him drive it some. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Greetings and welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas! Looking forward to pictures! (I can relate to the part of your story about getting taken for a ride!) Glad you didn't give up!

::welcome:: from Maine ,cool story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back