Car painted today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Q Code
4 Speed
Blue
Purchased 1986
Hey everyone my car was finally painted today. The hood and lower black should be done tomorrow. Might pick it on Thursday afternoon, but it is supposed to rain all day. Never fails, after 5 1/2 years at the shop it rains on the day we can pick it up.

Picture0507131922_1.jpg

Picture0507131920_1.jpg

Picture0507131923_1.jpg

Picture0507131925_1.jpg

Nice looking paint job!!!

Sounds like you have the same kind of luck that I have. Every time I have an opportunity to drive, it either rains, or is too cold to drop the top.

Looks killer smooth but they forgot to paint the quarter extensions off the car. :huh:

Nice color too. One of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to have really nice body lines. Are You striping it? Argent or black, traditional Mach 1 stripes? I really love that blue , just couldn't bring myself to take that color. Mine is going to be burn your retina out yellow, but I'm jealous yours is that stage. Congrats

Yes traditional mach 1 stripes will be going on it in black. I know blue cars have silver but my brother and I striped it black originally in '86 and will be sticking with that, we just like the look better than the argentina. Thanks for all the compliments the shop did a great job, especially since a tree had fallen on the car while it was stored in my parents back yard. It has been a long wait and I can't wait to drive it. My brother and I still need to put the interior back together as best we can for now. We will be accumulating all new stuff and putting it all in at one time when we get it all. Thanks again for the feedback. I love this place it is great to share stuff with people who are into the 71 - 73 years.

The car is looking great. Considering a tree had fallen on it, it would be interesting to see before and after pics when the car is finished. Looking forward to seeing more progress pics.

A few people mentioned about painting the car with the quarter extensions on. Should they have been painted separate?

Paint looks great. I can almost smell it now. It will be cool to see the black on that color. On the quarter extensions, they are usually painted off the car to avoid cracking between the quarter and the end cap. Should also do the same with the hood and fender front moldings if yours are body color. These are really bad for cracking and chipping if painted on the car.

Thanks for the info, did not know this, but it is to late now. Front moldings are body color and were also on. Oh well I will know for next time LOL. I will tell my son he is getting the car when I am to old to drive it, AKA = dead.

Also thanks for all the compliments. I will post more pics if the black gets painted today. I am going nuts to drive the car, I have not driven it since April of 1988.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back