A 73 Convertible with some extra chrome!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I attended the Shenandoah Valley Mustang Club show in Front Royal Virginia a couple of weekends ago and met this really nice gentleman in his 80's and his wife with a 73 Mustang Convertible. I spotted them driving into the show and invited them to park next to my 73 Convert. We talked on and off most of the day and I enjoyed hearing "Bill's" stories.

He has owned his 73 Mustang since the late 70's and recently finished the restoration. He saw the car when it was new and it was special ordered for the daughter of a Ford Dealership owner were a friend of his worked. He wanted the car then, but the dealer refused to sell it to him. He found it for sale several years late. He currently owns about 6 Mustangs (I think that is what he said).

It was interesting when he noticed my license plates "OLE PONY". Bill said "you have my plates"! Bill said he had "OLE PONY" plates on a 67 Mustang that he sold several years ago. Small World!

Bill said he likes shiny things so he had the tail light housings, the Decor group molding strips, and the molding strips on the tail light panel chromed. They actually looked great in chrome.

Here are some pictures of his car and mine:

Nice pics. Bill's car looks super clean! Very nice. However, I like the white one a whole lot better! It has a perfect clean look about it. The torino looked very good too.

Oh yeah, Bill's spoiler is on backwards.

Those two vert's look good together.
It was a chilly day in April and Bill's wife sat in the car most of the day with the top up to keep warm! :)

I drove to the show and back home with the top up too, but put it down for the show!

I do like the chrome on the tail panel strips.

on chilly days I do the samething, I drive to and from with the top up, and put the top down during the show or cruise night.

Back