1966 mustang SPRINT COUPE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hey guys...

This is the story... A local friend of mine has a 66 sprint coupé I6 200 ci, etc.. His car is not in the greatest shape... it´s been always bad repair and so... and my friend, who has the car for 11 years now, is kind of dissapointed, telling everybody his car doesn´t have anything "great"... not even a good engine.. since everyone is fan of V8, or custom stangs etc...

This car is stock, mechanical and asthetical and well... i told him i was gonna find out something more about what he actually has...

I used to have 2 1966 hardtops, both 6 cil and i really liked the car.. even if it is "just" a classic... the car is really fun to drive... His car has some advantages than a simple I6... the interior is better and some details all over makes this car at least, rare for Uruguay....

Well.. if enybody wants to talk about it, you´re welcome!

Thanks!

Folks here much more knowledgeable than I can correct me, but I thought the Sprint edition was special trim for 1972 to honor the Munich Olympics.

Or, maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. Haha

Mark

Folks here much more knowledgeable than I can correct me, but I thought the Sprint edition was special trim for 1972 to honor the Munich Olympics.

Or, maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. Haha

Mark
I think you´re right, as the matter of fact, there´s a member here who has a 1972 sprint convertible and is a recent post, he tells us a lot about that particular type of cars, however, 1966 was a different story.

I red somewhere in 1966 Ford was running out of 289 V8 engines and the solution to that matter was to encourage people to buy 6 cylinder engine cars by promoting it via the sprint coupes. They were all I6 200 ci with some extras regarding asthetics if i´m not wrong.

This post pretends to be useful for my friend but informative for all of us who want to know more about "behind the scense" stories :)

It will be great if we can talk about all sprint 1st generation mustangs!

PD: I love rare cars! :p

Back