1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 up for bid

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know i would have 10k miles on it quick if i had it! Swap some modern rubber on the mags and cruise. I'm sure sitting still for 44 years sure didnt bode well for the moving parts :(

I know i would have 10k miles on it quick if i had it! Swap some modern rubber on the mags and cruise. I'm sure sitting still for 44 years sure didnt bode well for the moving parts :(
+1 to that...I was just typing the same thing...Not good for any car to sit for that amount of time...They don't mention if it still has the original paint still..I dont know how it is worth that much more...That low of milage is not a good thing with a 44 year old car...A boss with 10k or 20k on original runing gear would be a better buy too me.

Ya...I know it will not be drove..But just from a mechanical point of view...One with 20k miles will be in better shape internaly..And they do not state if it has original paint on it or not...If it going to be a show peice and not drove or started...I would want original paint too ;)

No-WAY!! those ultra rare cars do not appeal to me. I like driving my junk too much.

+1

I'd love to be able to get in it and drive it away....just like it was 1969 again....but the "historic" value of the car would be devalued with me because by the end of the first day it would most likely have 9 or 10 times the mileage on it!

A car sitting does not hurt it at all. I bought a 1950 Ford in 1996 that had been on blocks since 1952 with 16,000 miles on it. I pulled the gas tank had it hot tanked and just cleaned the carb pulled the plugs and checked them and fired it up. I drove it to a show 100 miles in July that year with no issues. It still has the original tires on it and they never leak down due to having tubes in them. I did pull the master cylinder and wheel cylinders but they looked like new. It was in a barn in Buffalo N.Y. so not climate controlled for sure.

There was a 73 vert on Hemmings with I think 60 some miles on it.

Jackie Jones in Georgia / North Carolina buys cars and puts them in storage all the time. I think he bought two of the new cobra jet factory cars and put them in warehouse. He might have owned this mustang at one time he had one that had never been titled a few years back.

David

If I was rich I would consider buying it. And no I would not drive it (much). This coming from a guy with 340K plus miles on my convertible and most of them mine. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda kills me to think of a car that beautiful not being driven... because it's never been driven. If I won the lottery, I'd buy it, and ship it to best roads in the world, and drive the snot out if. Cars were made to drive. Having them sit is just dumb. If you can afford to buy this car, then you should be able to afford the loss in value when you give it life. Life in a museum is no life at all.

Free this beast from it's prison!!

I'm betting who ever buys it has no intention of ever driving it, it'll be a trophy item.
Most definitely.

That car would not be for me even if I had the cash. I'd drive it every opportunity I could and reduce its value within a year. :)

I guess that they are "off the assembly line, onto the train or truck, onto the dealer lot and maybe one or two get drives" miles.

Back