• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Forged Aluminum Wheel Lug Nuts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
I need a set of 20 lug nuts for my factory aluminum wheels. Mine are trashed. You can send me a PM or email me at [email protected]. Thanks

lug nut.JPG

Let me check I think I have a nice set. I'll be in touch.

i have had very good luck with Gorilla brand lug nuts and matching locks. the chrome is show quality and very tough. have had on 3 vehicles and never had the chrome peel or even show scratches. just in case you consider new parts.

The person that sold me my 73 Ford Factory Aluminum wheels told me he sent the original lug lugs too. Maybe someone else can verify, but the lugs nuts he sent me were about 2 1/4 inches long. I did find some Gorilla lug nuts that were close to that size and I'm very happy with them.

The one in your picture looks shorter. Here are some pictures of what are supposed to be original lug nuts:

Here are the Gorilla lug nuts with the wheels:

Last edited by a moderator:
The person that sold me my 73 Ford Factory Aluminum wheels told me he sent the original lug lugs too. Maybe someone else can verify, but the lugs nuts he sent me were about 2 1/4 inches long. I did find some Gorilla lug nuts that were close to that size and I'm very happy with them.

The one in your picture looks shorter. Here are some pictures of what are supposed to be original lug nuts:

That's the correct lug nut. It's exactly like mine.

Hi guys,

I am in the same boat needing a set of 20 for my wheels. Would prefer a nice original set if Doug does not take the set.

Would also like to look at the Gorilla ones as a possibility...is there a part # for them or how to I get the right ones.

Thanks Guys

Jeff

Hi guys,

I am in the same boat needing a set of 20 for my wheels. Would prefer a nice original set if Doug does not take the set.

Would also like to look at the Gorilla ones as a possibility...is there a part # for them or how to I get the right ones.

Thanks Guys

Jeff

I am also looking for a replascement set and have the same type lug nuts. Most of the aftermarket ones that I have looked at are to short. The ones I have are 2 and 1/4 inches long. If anyone know where you can get these please let me know.

thanks John

Last edited by a moderator:
Back