What's your Mustang's name?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
I've always had a name for my cars. My first car was a 1965 Galaxie 500. It's name was "The Ghetto Cruiser". My first Mustang was "The Red Bullet". Every Honda I've owned has been named "Rhonda, the Honda".

As I'm getting closer to having my car done, I'm thinking that I should come up with a new name for her (other than "The Money Pit").

What is your Mustangs name?

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1972's name is Ginger and my 1970's name is Snow White. if you see the pics you'll understand why. My daily driver 2012 Challenger is just the Challenger. That car doesn't get a name because she is not a Ford.

Money pit is probably more accurate, but I felt they deserved female names like my guitar.

KR

Full Length Pic.jpg

IMG_20130311_104932.jpg

IMG_20130507_192044.jpg

I had a 1993 Honda Stationwagon, aka The MaggotWaggon.

My 66 Mustang's name is Midlife, of course!

Kermit the Frog ,my wife started calling it that because of the color to tease me and it just kinda stuck.I started using the name as well ,so I figured I might as well go with it. :p

Beatrice , after the first owner who bought it brandnew in 1972.

She was 61 when she ordered this Limegreen 351CJ with Mach1 stripes and Luxury Mach1 seats and interior.

I never understand why !?

So my car was always owned by a little old lady LOL.

JB

My 1972's name is Ginger and my 1970's name is Snow White. if you see the pics you'll understand why. My daily driver 2012 Challenger is just the Challenger. That car doesn't get a name because she is not a Ford.

Money pit is probably more accurate, but I felt they deserved female names like my guitar.

KR
Ginger is one really nice Coupe. Ray

Beatrice , after the first owner who bought it brandnew in 1972.

She was 61 when she ordered this Limegreen 351CJ with Mach1 stripes and Luxury Mach1 seats and interior.

I never understand why !?

So my car was always owned by a little old lady LOL.

JB
Hey my grandma, now deceased, always wanted and bought a 2-door car. I remember her ordering a 72 Cutlass S with a four barrel carb. She was about 62 then. When one of her friends asked her why such sporty cars - she told them old people drive 4 door cars! BTW my cousin flipped that car street racing out on a county blacktop road.

Ray

You know we did name the parts car Christine. As in the Steven King book/ movie. The car fell off the jack when picking her up, broke loose and rolled into my dad's SUV when moving her, leaked gas all over my garage one morning before work from the tank, and has just been one big pain in my ass.

I hate to say it, but I will get some kind of sick joy from taking her to the scape yard. Hate to do it to a true Mach 1 but she's toast.

My '73 Grande (472 with C6) is "Ice" while my '73 Mach 1 (428CJ and Toploader, soon to be 545 with Broader C6) is "Fire."

I have not yet decided on a name for my '69 Mach 1 which is going to receive the 428CJ that is currently in "Fire." I will probably let the First Lady pick a name for it:).

I call my 2003 Mercury Marauder "The Interceptor."

BT

Black Betty was her name. She was a '76 Mustang II Cobra II, black with gold stripes, with a 302/4 speed. I hammered that car. Had to rebuild the motor after the gf's ex put sugar in the tank. She was a screamer after that. I loved the body style and hatchback. I installed larger wheels and tires, rolling the fender lips to keep from cutting into those big Mickey Thompsons. Would love to find another one someday.

When it's running right I call it the "Beast" when I'm dumping money into to it, I call it "the money pit". Right now it's the Beast, it's running great and I haven't spent any money on it other than gas for over 3 weeks...I think that's a record (other than when it's stored for winter)

Jim

Black Betty was her name. She was a '76 Mustang II Cobra II, black with gold stripes, with a 302/4 speed. I hammered that car. Had to rebuild the motor after the gf's ex put sugar in the tank. She was a screamer after that. I loved the body style and hatchback. I installed larger wheels and tires, rolling the fender lips to keep from cutting into those big Mickey Thompsons. Would love to find another one someday.
Umm I think I need to see some pics of black betty

My fiance calls her Christine. Cause I'm obsessed with it.

I call her Please. Please let that bolt break loose. Please don't let that be rusted all the way through. Please don't let that cost much.

My fiance calls her Christine. Cause I'm obsessed with it.

I call her Please. Please let that bolt break loose. Please don't let that be rusted all the way through. Please don't let that cost much.
LOL...please start just one more time

You know we did name the parts car Christine. As in the Steven King book/ movie. The car fell off the jack when picking her up, broke loose and rolled into my dad's SUV when moving her, leaked gas all over my garage one morning before work from the tank, and has just been one big pain in my ass.

I hate to say it, but I will get some kind of sick joy from taking her to the scape yard. Hate to do it to a true Mach 1 but she's toast.
That's funny,hopefully it does nt find its way back from the scrapyard. lol. Steven King actually lives about an hour drive from me and owns the local rock n roll station I usually listen to.He's very good at giving back to the community around here,He & his wife are good people.

That's funny,hopefully it does nt find its way back from the scrapyard. lol. Steven King actually lives about an hour drive from me and owns the local rock n roll station I usually listen to.He's very good at giving back to the community around here,He & his wife are good people.
That's good stuff. I have always joking said, "could you imagine being his kid at bedtime? Please daddy don't tell us a bedtime story, PLEASE!!!". Lol

Back