Introducing the new and improved 73vertproject

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
Sorry for the crappy pic, but I just got the new NASA/NACA hood and hinges installed and wanted to let you guys see the transformation that is taking place. Kinda miss the look of the old hood with the stripes, so I'm looking around for cool hood treatments for NASA hoods on 'verts. Lots of work ahead. :-/

NASA Hood First Install.JPG

By the way, I think the hood looks great, awesome quality. Thanks to Don at OMS!

Very nice Doc, they are quite a bit different looking from the drivers seat as well!
Thanks! Yep, you got that right. Felt like I was parking with Braille as I put her in the garage. :p

Cool! It's going to look like a different car without those stripes.
I know. Gonna have to ask Rocketfoot to create an new VIP emblem. :cool:

Nice! You are going to love the look! Why not go functional Ram Air?
Thanks! The functional is tempting, and may be in the plans for the future....

Looks good Doc, but I miss the white stripes already!
I know, right? Anyone have pics of a convertible with NASA hood with stripes? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Very cool Doc!
Thanks. Once I get the scoop inserts and the scoop "inserts" (don't know what they're called) installed, I'll take some better pics and start getting serious about the looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see better pics. Reminds me of the hood on my ramair ws6 ta. I miss that car when the weather gets nice. My brother used to describe how in your face that car was with "it's like walking around with your d*** hanging out of your pants..."

I can't wait to see better pics. Reminds me of the hood on my ramair ws6 ta. I miss that car when the weather gets nice. My brother used to describe how in your face that car was with "it's like walking around with your d*** hanging out of your pants..."
LOL. I know what you mean. :D

Better pics coming soon!

IMG_7205.JPG

Hey Doc,

I just finished putting my NASA hood on my '73. I did the install and the spray job complete, plus lockdowns. I'm really knocked out with the finished look.

(Oooooooooooooooough Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaah!!!)

Thought i'd post a couple of pics to help give you a bit of an idea as well.

(Gold Glow with Satin Black Lacquer Inserts/ pinstriping tape.)

Regards,

Greg:)

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7191.JPG

IMG_7196.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Doc,

I think you'll like the NASA hood treatment, but I didn't love mine until I put the functional Ram Air into it. Just make you feel better watching the flappers open and close as it warms up!

Marty

Looks great Doc,

I think you'll like the NASA hood treatment, but I didn't love mine until I put the functional Ram Air into it. Just make you feel better watching the flappers open and close as it warms up!

Marty
Marty, flappers should be

open with motor off

closed with motor running

open at wide open throttle

They should not be opening and closing as the motor warms up

Don

Lookin' good, Doc!

I'll bet that red & white 'vert's stripe job would look awesome in blue & white. ;) :D

Back