Original forged aluminum wheels installed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 gold glow Mach 1
'73 phoenix red Porsche 914
'06 go-mango Daytona Charger
'60 Piper Comanche
So I finally got the reconditioned wheels I've been working on installed. I think they turned out real nice.

30uu62p.jpg

209ou94.jpg

Tell us more! What size are the wheels? What size & brand of tires?
They're B F Goodrich Radial T/A's. 215-60-14's on the front and 225-70-14's on the rear. The wheels are 14x6. Now to list the Magnums for sale...

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Are they Ansen Slot wheels? They look like they are. I recently bought a set of 4 14x6s Ansen Slots, and I'm in the process of polishing them up. I have spent roughly 2 hours thus far on each whel, and I've got them just about to mirror-like finish. I ordered new caps (I got the black ones) from Don at OMS.

I'm going to put 225x70R14s all the way around, I think.

Yours look great!!

Nice! Are they Ansen Slot wheels? They look like they are. I recently bought a set of 4 14x6s Ansen Slots, and I'm in the process of polishing them up. I have spent roughly 2 hours thus far on each whel, and I've got them just about to mirror-like finish. I ordered new caps (I got the black ones) from Don at OMS.

I'm going to put 225x70R14s all the way around, I think.

Yours look great!!
Thanks a lot! These are original FORD wheels that were optional in 1973. Since they were only offered in '73 they can be a little hard to find. I purchased these off ebay for under $200.00 + about 80.00 shipping from Illinois, I think. They came with faded center caps, and a few broken off screws, so I purchased the new center caps. I too, had to work the polisher on each one to get them presentable. I really like the Ansen wheels too.

Tell us more! What size are the wheels? What size & brand of tires?
They're B F Goodrich Radial T/A's. 215-60-14's on the front and 225-70-14's on the rear. The wheels are 14x6. Now to list the Magnums for sale...

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!!
The car looks great. Funny that you're selling the magnums. I did the opposite. Went from the slotted rims to the magnums.

Looking great...I still got my original slotted mags on front..Little wider in back..But may just go full original slotted again .....I like slotted just for the reason most are putting 500's on them..lol

They look Great!! The 73 Slotted mags are without a doubt, my favorite! Good job! :udaman:

They look great and are unique to the 73's! I switched to those a couple of years ago from the Sports Wheel covers, it took me a while to get use to the different look they give the car, but I'm glad I switched.

Back