• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for nice 71-73 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveh351

Reaction score
My Car
1970 Boss 302
2012 Mustang
Hello All -

I am a long time Mustang enthusiast from Atlanta, Ga. I'm looking for a nice, solid, no rust convertible from the 71-73 Body style. Prefer 351 4V car and Pewter Silver color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend,

Dave

Hello All -

I am a long time Mustang enthusiast from Atlanta, Ga. I'm looking for a nice, solid, no rust convertible from the 71-73 Body style. Prefer 351 4V car and Pewter Silver color.

Dave
You can look for them on ebay, audabuy.com and hemmings.com

Took me about 6 months before I found mine on ebay.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine off craigslist. It's a '73 Q-code convertible minus engine/trans with the front suspension work redone, new q-code harness ran, heater rebuilt, convertible motor rebuilt and all interior pieces but door panels. The only rust I could find is in the corner of the passenger door, the driver's rear floorboard, a couple of pin holes in the left rear quarter, and a pea size rust hole in the left rear frame rail. He wanted $3,500 but I needed to get him down to $2,500.

To get the job done, I ended up giving him back the NASA hood since he wants to restore a '71-'73 Mach I and those original hoods are getting hard to find. On its own, he couldn't drop his price that low so I offered to give him back the new rear springs and a 9" that he was throwing in. Anyway, there are a couple of runners on craigslist in my area for reasonable money. I just couldn't afford the 4 to 6k they cost to get in them. Also, I can't imagine the amount of rust work they would have had.

Hello All -

Dave
Here you go and practically in your backyard.

BTW..This stang has been on ebay a few times. So pricing might be to your advantage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Ford-Mustang-Convertible-351-Automatic-AC-/271213024423?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f258e54a7

Yes, saw that car on ebay twice already, this is third time in 2 months or so. I had bid on this '72 Conv. but seller didnt respond to any of my questions. Looks decent but engine compartment a bit rough. Don't know prior rust history as their isn't any undercarriage shots.

Based on the pictures, what do you guys think this car is worth?Understand it's hard to tell based on just photos. I'll try this seller again to see if I can get the Codes, Mechanical and prior rust history. Anything else should find out ??

I'm hoping to eventually find a bit better car and wanted the M Code 3514V w Ram Air. I'm looking at all the sites daily so hopefully right car will be out there just a matter of timing.

Thanks again for all the great advice. Much appreciated.

I have 71 convertible for sale, silver w black stripes, very clean, just needs top. 85000 orig mi, 351C, 4BBL hds, 4 sp. #'s match, 2nd owner, many new parts. no rust, recent paint, new rims and tires, great interior. suspension upgrade, edelbrock, MSD, hooker, flowmasters, $20,000neg. Not listed anywhere else. reply for pics and more details.

I have a 72 H code. 2nd owner. 42k original miles now i think. I have around $30k in it. Well thats when i stopped counting. White with blue deluxe interior. dyno showed around 375hp with 670 Holley and mild hyd roller cam by Crower. 380lbs torque. New top. What am i bid?

If I remember there is a really nice one in Minneapolis for around 14k on craigslist. Seems like a really nice guy, he sells a lot of classics. That's about 3 and a half hours north if I could help maybe we could figure something out. It's been there for sale a while, but I think that's just because there is a very limited market up north for getting what cars are worth. Winters coming so maybe a good price on vert in your future!

Based on the pictures, what do you guys think this car is worth?Understand it's hard to tell based on just photos. I'll try this seller again to see if I can get the Codes, Mechanical and prior rust history. Anything else should find out ??
If the seller isn't responding to your request for information, scratch it off your list. At that price, I'd have to inspect the vehicle "in person" and verify the numbers/codes before submitting a bid.

photo.JPGThis looks like the one for you!

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but ... mine is still available for sale.

I have 71 convertible for sale, silver w black stripes, very clean, just needs top. 85000 orig mi, 351C, 4BBL hds, 4 sp. #'s match, 2nd owner, many new parts. no rust, recent paint, new rims and tires, great interior. suspension upgrade, edelbrock, MSD, hooker, flowmasters, $20,000neg. Not listed anywhere else. reply for pics and more details.
Thanks for the post. E-mail sent with my contact information.

Back