Center Bezels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
Is there a service that will "economically" re condition my center and radio bezels. They are not cracked but just need a new fresh look.

Is there a service that will "economically" re condition my center and radio bezels. They are not cracked but just need a new fresh look.
Prob better off buying aftermarket, unless you're a purist and then going to pay top dollar if you can find someone.

Danno,

I sent out my bezels to be re-chromed and painted them black once they came in. Now, this was done when there were no reproductions available. They still look good today. I am not sure of what it cost to re-chrome plastics, but it might not hurt to look into it.

mustang7173

i looked into this and i used to chrome other things years ago.

from an economic standpoint. repaint your pieces, if the chrome is dull and you want the original look, Buy the reproductions.

if you want a concourse restoration and a lot of frustration then you have to rechrome(vacuum chroming on plastic) and then you will need to repaint the black accents once the part comes back.

Basically you will pay to chrome a huge piece of plastic like a mirror then you will spray paint 97% of that chrome panel semi gloss black.. get repops.

years ago when the repops were not around, i looked at the cost to rechrome the dash panels.

I had chromed smaller parts in the past and hated it. things would be defective have to go back to the chromer etc. i tried various cover up methods, and finally used alclad chrome and black paint... 5 years later repops came out,, bought repops never looked back.

oh there was also MR.G dash rechromers back then you would send in your dash panels as a core and he would exchange them for what he had in stock that he would have rechromed.

problem was if your dash panels were not PERFECT for chroming he would cancel your order when he got the cores. then you would be up poop creek and got raped for shipping back and forth.

my panels were all cut up originally had holes drilled into the plastic so that route was null and void.

center bezel with or without 3 gauge pods ?
Without...........
Center bezel black / without 3 gauges is

reg 154.95

I have the first one I used as a test fit sample for the manufacturer

Very nice - fits fine has a VERY small scuff or two from installing / removing

75.00 + UPS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back