car show this weekend

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
well hello everyone,

I just thought I would share my disapointment I encountered this weekend at the local carshow. Well the weather was a little questionable, but needless to say I drove my Mach 1 up to the show, this is about the only time I put 300 miles on it in a weekend, but needless to say I was the only 71-73 Mach 1 in the whole carshow. Needless to say I was a little disapointed.. Then walking throu the show looking at the other cars there I overheard a couple guys talking about the ugly blue and silver Mach 1 parked over in the other parking, which was mine.. they then proceeded to say that ford should have dropped the mustang in 1971 and never created the ugly mustang. I just smiled and walked on. This started a really good disscusion with the 2 other buddies I was there with about how its seems that the 71-73 mustangs are a love/hate relationship and you don't see them flood the car shows like the 1967-1969 camaro's. Just thought I would share what I encountered this weekend, it was a great time, just surprised I had the only 71-73 Mach 1 there.

well hello everyone,

I just thought I would share my disapointment I encountered this weekend at the local carshow. Well the weather was a little questionable, but needless to say I drove my Mach 1 up to the show, this is about the only time I put 300 miles on it in a weekend, but needless to say I was the only 71-73 Mach 1 in the whole carshow. Needless to say I was a little disapointed.. Then walking throu the show looking at the other cars there I overheard a couple guys talking about the ugly blue and silver Mach 1 parked over in the other parking, which was mine.. they then proceeded to say that ford should have dropped the mustang in 1971 and never created the ugly mustang. I just smiled and walked on. This started a really good disscusion with the 2 other buddies I was there with about how its seems that the 71-73 mustangs are a love/hate relationship and you don't see them flood the car shows like the 1967-1969 camaro's. Just thought I would share what I encountered this weekend, it was a great time, just surprised I had the only 71-73 Mach 1 there.
Well I for one enjoy the fact that not many of our cars show up at events. I have seen every configuration possible on old camaro's, and older mustangs to the point I am just bored to sleep looking at them. And most do not understand that the 71-73s handle and ride far better than theirs do without spending a suitcase full of 20's

the car show I was in today, there was me and the usual 71' Fastback that shows up.

and I get the owners of the older Mustangs telling me how the 71'73 ride and handle much better.

then you get the owners of the 05-13 say how can this big monster be considered a Classic, and I turn around and say, how can something New be considered a classic??

Yup...You get some arse holes who don't know any better....I think my car gets more attention at car shows than most mustangs...It slowly shaking off there bad undesurved rep....Once and a while pulling up at the gas station ill have some one ask me..Is that a 69?..lol..And when i tell them it is a 73 they always are suprized..Like damn i was told these cars are ugly..but they are not!!...lol..And anyone who call's your pretty blue and silver car ugly definatly needs his eyes checked.

Haters gonna hate!

Dude, you have nothing to be disappointed about... unless you're talking about the unwashed masses who know just enough about Mustangs to believe the mainstream 'classic Mustang guy' shite regarding '71-'73s and the earlier models. Then yeah - be disappointed. But not too much though - it's not their fault. Like Bill Engvall says: "You can't fix stupid." rofl

oh I've had a lot worse said about my car at various shows, of course they didn't know it was mine, i just laugh.

as for size,,, i have a picture somewhere showing a 1971 mustang next to a 2005 mustang, the 71 is TINY!

Just saying.:cool:
put next too a 1969...I think they look way more modern and sleeker...And hardly look like the big boats they are called..lol
That is a very cool pic
Some one posted it here a long time ago..I forgot who..But saved it to show some freinds who though they was much bigger than a 69.

put next too a 1969...I think they look way more modern and sleeker...And hardly look like the big boats they are called..lol
That is a very cool pic
Some one posted it here a long time ago..I forgot who..But saved it to show some freinds who though they was much bigger than a 69.
The thing is everyone just flips out over a 69 shelby but they can't seem to see it in our cars?

The thing is everyone just flips out over a 69 shelby but they can't seem to see it in our cars?

I think they are blinded and lisin too much to what everyone else tells them is cool...I rememeber growing up and thinking 1969 and 70 fast backs where the coolest ever...But i was told that over and over by other ford guys and chevy guys.....But my dad had a few dif 64-73 years..he loves to wheel and deal in rare cars...he even had a shelby gt-350...One time he got this 1973 blue glow mach 1..i flopped head over heals for the car soon as i got in...Best looking interior i seen for a stang at that time to....From then on i knew it was the one i wanted...I rode in every year of stang up too that point and thought it got no better than that...Just my option..The ride......The handling...The looks plus power..and i did not care if anyone liked it or not....I just think the mass of stang lovers are like cattle some times...And by no means am i saying a 69 sucks or anything..hehe..i would take one in a heart beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there's a love hate relationship with our cars among Mustang enthusiasts. I went to a Mustang car show last year for all years of Mustang, saw the marker directing all early Classic Mustangs so I parked among other classics. One of the event coordinators told me that section was for 64-70 only, I pointed out the sign said all early classic Mustangs, she agreed "technically" the 71 was a early classic but that's the way they were running the show so I needed to move my car to the 71-78 section. After moving to the other section I had a few people point out I should be in the early classic section...what can I say. I like my 71, that's all that matters.

Jim

That is a very cool pic
That is DJ's car (FasTnNefariouS). He was quite active in 2011 then fell off the planet. Nice car though.

They only look big in comparison to the 64-66 Mustangs. Compared to their contemporary cars, they were right in the middle.

I found just today an article in a German magazine that compares sizes between 71 Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, Cudas, Chevelles etc.

Gonna look it up and post the numbers here.

Let them talk. They´re just pissed because they drive cars hat everyone and their brothers drive. :)

.. they then proceeded to say that ford should have dropped the mustang in 1971 and never created the ugly mustang.

oh I've had a lot worse said about my car at various shows, of course they didn't know it was mine, i just laugh.

One of the event coordinators told me that section was for 64-70 only, I pointed out the sign said all early classic Mustangs, she agreed "technically" the 71 was a early classic but that's the way they were running the show so I needed to move my car to the 71-78 section. After moving to the other section I had a few people point out I should be in the early classic section...what can I say.
Mean Girls, the whole bunch of them...

mrqf9.jpg

I should be used to all the haters by now. I have had my 71 for as long as I care to think back, and I would not trade it for any other year of mustang or other muscle car.

On a side note my other two buddies where there with there cars a 1973 camaro and a 1984 camaro and My car drew way more attention than theres did... ha ha ha.. But I would have just like to have seen other 1971-1973 mustangs there to talk to the owners and look at some of them cars. Was just kind of thinking that the 71-73 body style was kind of taking off and being sought after.. Maybe not so... But at least we know what we like and we don't flood the car shows.... Long live the 1971-1973 mustang!!!!!

Back