71' Mach 1, boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mach123

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang mach 1
As many of you can tell im am new here, I just wanted to share my new 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351. It has a rebuilt 351 Cobra-jet Cleveland 4 barrel with a Holly 600 4 barrel cab. The paint needs some work but I have a bit of time to work on this car. It also has an automatic Transmition, It appears to have a new bumper and new wheel covers. It need some rust repair on the floor boards and it needs a interior redo, The motor has less than 2,000 miles on it (as far as I know) Anyway I hope to get some good input on it all comments are welcome. thanks. (I will get more pictures soon)

photo[1].png

Hi mach123, nice score and welcome! Post the vin numbers and the cool members here will tell you exactly what kind of Mustang you have. Very nice!

Later,

DJ

Very nice ride.

On a side note though, and I am by no means an expert on blue 71's, but I think, in my humble and in no way meant to be confrontational opinion, the color combination of black spoiler on the blue car looks better if it were argent.

Here's what I mean.

VIN - 1F05H133222 - 23.jpg

Nice aquisition. She's a beauty and will only get better as you give her love.

Hey! Welcome to 7173Mustangs! Glad you joined us! You'll find tons of info and lots of helpful folks here! Hope you enjoy!'

::welcome::

Welcome to the forum!!! you´ll find here a great place to share info and knowledge...

BTW... the Boss 351 is THE car i love!... just the name scares me! :p

Damián, an I6 owner :p

Hi mach123, nice score and welcome! Post the vin numbers and the cool members here will tell you exactly what kind of Mustang you have. Very nice!

Later,

DJ
I'm also curious about the numbers because its painted like a Mach1:huh:

i'm curious about the numbers too because boss 351's were not c6 automatic shift cars. all boss motors were matched with the toploader!!!

WELCOME aboard!

As you have probably notice, we have ABSOLUTELY no problems with modified Mustangs. Do you know the year of the motor?

At any rate, I am sure we will be able to assist you as you continue your journey - - whether it is restoring your project to its an original Boss 351 specifications or continuing your modifications. Either way, you have a very nice car.

Again, Welcome!

BT

i'm curious about the numbers too because boss 351's were not c6 automatic shift cars. all boss motors were matched with the toploader!!!
Did not think about that but still is a nice car.

Here is a cool article on the 351 Boss

http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/ccrp_1009_1971_ford_mustang_boss_351/index.html
and with blacked out hood and chrome front bumper. The Boss also had matching front bucket seats. could still be the Boss though, so would like to see the vin numbers. We should all share vin numbers :) who knows, someone here may have the very first on the production line and not even know it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the acquisition. This wasn't the color combo my car in the attached photo was supposed to have, but its still the paint job I love on these cars so I can see why you bought yours. Nice car!

72 Mach 1 thb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back