Who have you met?

Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs and I met a few weeks ago. Live about 10 minutes apart here in NC.

Dang, I completely forgot to look up our NC members when I was in the US last September. I was in Asheville!!! 

Problem was, I hadn't planned to go there, it was a spontaneous "extension" as we had two days left.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5b8c9d237deeef7833a0ac0ec2d436dc.jpg

Today JD79 visited my garage and we took my car for a spin. Lovely drive and the car did well. Above is the photo proof :-)

Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs and I met a few weeks ago. Live about 10 minutes apart here in NC.

Dang, I completely forgot to look up our NC members when I was in the US last September. I was in Asheville!!! 

Problem was, I hadn't planned to go there, it was a spontaneous "extension" as we had two days left.

Wish you had got in touch. I live 20 min. from Asheville which is becoming the beer center of the U.S. because of the quality of water we have in the mountains. Also lots of wineries. Did you go to the Biltmore House? Largest private home in the U.S. and built turn of century. If ever back be sure to get in touch.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I'm just about an hour from Asheville, on the other side from Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs.  I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to meet you in person. Consider yourself scolded.  ;-)  

If you ever get back this way, give a shout and we'll see who crawls out of the bushes.

Ron

Rusty, a 1973 Mach 1, needs a lot of work.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Bubba, my 1994 F150, daily driver

Formerly, a 1973 Ford Mustang Coupe - a work in progress, then a car-b-qued banana.

• 1 month later...

Wish you had got in touch. I live 20 min. from Asheville which is becoming the beer center of the U.S. because of the quality of water we have in the mountains. Also lots of wineries. Did you go to the Biltmore House? Largest private home in the U.S. and built turn of century. If ever back be sure to get in touch.

We actually spent the night on Biltmore estate as it was the only place that had rooms left in a 50 mile radius due to the evacuation from the hurricane. 

Let's say it was not on the cheap side. :/

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

• 1 year later...

This summer I was  in Holland for holidays and could meet Fabrice who's living in Holland, and while driving back to home, we stop to north east of France, Fort de Douamont near Verdun and could meet Luxstang who drove from Luxembourg. Was short moment but rich :)

I was not far to meet EddyW while driving through Belgium.

IMG_20180823_182207.jpg

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Good for you guys! I have made contact with several people/owners in my neighborhood and they all don't seem that interested. The other day driving home from work, in the corner of my eye I spotted a parked 7123 Mustang Convertible, turned around and upon closer inspection it turned out to be a 73, left a sticky note on the windshield with my name and phone number, even mentioned 7173Mustangs.com and never heard from the guy! Believe it or not a couple days later I saw the very same Vert cruising down the highway. There's a guy living around the corner from me, maybe 1/2 a mile with a 73 Hardtop, it's purple LOL, talked to the owner and he says he'll restore it one day. It's been sitting outside (uncovered) ever since I moved into this part of town. Every time I see the car I wanna help it! So disappointing!

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

That’s really cool that we try to meet some of us.

At the Woodward Dream Cruise this year I saw TNFastback Cruisin up the boulevard and I ran, wait hobbled up to say hay!

So, ya Tn, I’m the one you saw and said I knew you from the 71-73 site. I wish I could have taken a pic of your nice ride, but I didn’t have my phone with me then.

Here’s a couple pics from there

42_A61518_ADBE_49_E9_99_EC_B33_B0_AB5_BFAD.jpg

7_FB9_E0_A1_039_B_4_F3_B_BAF3_59_F29_D5493_E4.jpg

EC21_A4_C8_4024_42_CF_ADD6_44_D85_C55_E163.jpg

John - 72 Q Code

The nice thing meeting other members, even if its a short moment such as during @Manu mach 1's visit, is that practically no time goes wasted talking about the weather, its 100% 71-3 all the way! :) And if longer, such as during @Vinnie's visit this past weekend, its the same!

Best subject eva!

73 modified Grande 351C. Almost done. 

71 429CJ. In progress

At the Woodward Dream Cruise this year I saw TNFastback Cruisin up the boulevard and I ran, wait hobbled up to say hay!

So, ya Tn, I’m the one you saw and said I knew you from the 71-73 site. I wish I could have taken a pic of your nice ride, but I didn’t have my phone with me then.

Hey man sorry I did not have more time to stop but I was actually with the two 69 camaros that were in front of me. Well at that time I might have been between them, I can't remember. We had an interesting day to say the least. As soon as I rolled into town one of the flapper valves broke on my header cutouts LOL. Some nice folks in Ferndale helped us out withe a driveway and ramps. We had driven up from Lima Ohio and returned about ten that night. It turned in to along day.

• 1 year later...

Don't guess I met anyone yet. I'm here in Houston Tx. My wife and I were members of the Nifty Fiftys car club with a 28 model A that rod that I built. But I get board easy and wanted to move on to the next one. Sold it and bought a 73 Jeep CJ6 and my wife hated it. "too tall" sold it, and asked her what are wanted to build next. Before I even finished asking, she said "I want a Mach 1!".    Great,       I didn't think they made a car that rusted faster around the gulf coast. Took 6 mo. To find a plain unmolested mustang. The guy We bought it from took the completely apart to put floor pans in, then figured out he did not know what what he was doing. He put the car in storage for 15 yrs. We got the car in totes. "Won't do that again" The car is not a Mach1. So I didn't feel bad about customizing it. I had an old  Model A hood , and I found the 12 inch louvers  fit nicely on eather side of of the otherwise plain. Hood.  5 yrs later I have built a nice little 302\C4 automatic mustang with factory air, ps, and pb. I am a paint and body tech for a local r.v. shop. I have ran the paint shop for  the past 21 yrs. Just started painting the jambs with the custom dark pearl blue. And the car will have charcoal stripes with black cherry accent stripes that will pay respect to the 71 Mach1 stripes. When I built the rearend, I painted it charcoal with a black cherry vector graphic of a horse on the back. Sprayed the entire bottom of the car with lizzard skin inside and out.1579991756649-335914323.jpg

15799917945261474417907.jpg

Don't guess I met anyone yet. I'm here in Houston Tx. My wife and I were members of the Nifty Fiftys car club with a 28 model A that rod that I built. But I get board easy and wanted to move on to the next one. Sold it and bought a 73 Jeep CJ6 and my wife hated it. "too tall" sold it, and asked her what are wanted to build next. Before I even finished asking, she said "I want a Mach 1!".    Great,       I didn't think they made a car that rusted faster around the gulf coast. Took 6 mo. To find a plain unmolested mustang. The guy We bought it from took the completely apart to put floor pans in, then figured out he did not know what what he was doing. He put the car in storage for 15 yrs. We got the car in totes. "Won't do that again" The car is not a Mach1. So I didn't feel bad about customizing it. I had an old  Model A hood , and I found the 12 inch louvers  fit nicely on eather side of of the otherwise plain. Hood.  5 yrs later I have built a nice little 302\C4 automatic mustang with factory air, ps, and pb. I am a paint and body tech for a local r.v. shop. I have ran the paint shop for  the past 21 yrs. Just started painting the jambs with the custom dark pearl blue. And the car will have charcoal stripes with black cherry accent stripes that will pay respect to the 71 Mach1 stripes. When I built the rearend, I painted it charcoal with a black cherry vector graphic of a horse on the back. Sprayed the entire bottom of the car with lizzard skin inside and out.1579991756649-335914323.jpg

15799917945261474417907.jpg

Hey man sorry I did not have more time to stop but I was actually with the two 69 camaros that were in front of me. Well at that time I might have been between them, I can't remember. We had an interesting day to say the least. As soon as I rolled into town one of the flapper valves broke on my header cutouts LOL. Some nice folks in Ferndale helped us out withe a driveway and ramps. We had driven up from Lima Ohio and returned about ten that night. It turned in to along day.

Mhh...Light blue Mach blocking access to Fire Hydrant

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

Mhh...Light blue Mach blocking access to Fire Hydrant

Nobody cares about that on Dream Cruise day. If there was a fire in a building, it would burn to the ground before the fire department could even get there anyway. The cops have way more to worry about than that kinda stuff that day.

John - 72 Q Code