New From the High Desert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently

I figured I would put the pictures first, because honestly that's what everyone really wants to see. I've been a long time Mustang Fanatic (Okay long by my standards, I'm 24, I've loved mustangs since I was 10, anything accounting for over half of my life is long)

I recently (April 2013) was able to pick up my first true classic stang. A 1973 H Code Mach 1, FMX Transmission, Ram Air. And the best part is it only has 20,000 miles on it! When I bought the car it didn't run, the ignition was locked and it came with no keys and had two flat tires.

It still has two flat tires, but it has a new ignition cylinder, new timing cover, water pump, engine seals, fuel line, freshly re-build carb, and corrected wiring (whoever worked on it before had a DEATH wish when it came to wiring) and now it runs like a top! A few weeks ago I was able to pull it out of the garage on its own power and drive it around a little bit. I didn't get too adventerous, with no rear brakes, no hood, and no rear view mirror, or brake lights and turn signals for that matter, I wasn't about to take it out on the road.

The car has been a California Queen all it's life, originally delivered to Coberly Ford (Bears the radiator support tag to show that is was Custom Ordered by Coberly) and the Marti Report Confirms.

My plans for the car are a simple Resto-Mod, I want to keep it close to the original but not at the sacrifice of reliability, or fun ;)

This is the third Mustang I have owned. I started with a 1991 LX Notchback, 4 cyl, 5 Spd which I ended up giving to my uncle.

And then there's my pride and joy, my daily driver. A 2012 GT/CS 6 Spd in Black. I drive 150 miles a day for work so it's already got over 40,000 miles on it, and I've loved every moment of it.

Best Friends I'm Sure.

I look forward to this Forum and getting help on my Journey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Arkansas...pics don't show up for me, but you have found the right place for mustang enthusiasts...enjoy the forum

Welcome to the site from Virginia! I as well am only 24 and its nice to see more of us young people keeping the old stangs alive. My car was in worse shape than yours when I started and have been doing a little at a time. It's a great feeling to drive it even if it doesn't stop haha. Even better feeling when you can take it down the road the very first time and the reaction of the passer by's. One thing for certain is this site has been a major help and inspiration to keep going and the knowledge here is unprecedented.

-Daniel

Welcome from Arkansas...pics don't show up for me, but you have found the right place for mustang enthusiasts...enjoy the forum
Fixed the pictures, should work now!
I see them now. Looks like you have a good base to build on. Keep the update pics coming

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Nice ride you've got there.

What part of the high desert are you from? I went to high school in Mojave for a year, and lived in California City.

Glad to have you here!

Welcome from West Texas! Nice car! I got mine in the same condition (no keys, flat tires, didn't) except that my engine was seized (among other things). ;)

Can't wait to see it all come back together! :D

22,000 original miles and a desert car at that: WOW. What a great platform with which to start a project. Best wishes on your completion. Keep us posted. A hot and steamy welcome from mid-western Florida coast.

::welcome:: from Maine

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Looks like you have a good project and are off to a great start! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looking forward to hearing more as you progress on your restomod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back