Hi from Dallas TX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a 1973 mustang coupe restomod that is an ongoing project for 20+ years.
Just joined and am glad to see a site for 71-73s! I have a 73 coupe that I have had for 20yrs and is an ongoing project.

This car started out as a 73 302, 2bbl, C4 auto. The current configuration is a 93 HO 302, Holly 650cfm 4bbl, 68 four speed top loader with hydraulic clutch, Ford 8" 3.00 rear diff.

I have also had a 70 fastback 351w, 2bbl, 3spd a 66 coupe 6yl, 3spd and a 72 fastback 351C, 2bbl, FMX auto. All of the cars were bought and sold to support me and my ongoing 73 project.

Currently I have been looking at doing more under dash wiring and updating to my 73 coupe and have been frustrated with the availability of parts. This is not to say the market has not grown in the past 20+ years for these cars but I would like to see it get better.

Sorry to ramble but I am very glad to find this community and look forward to being a part of it!

Thanks! I'm working on the pics since most are prints (old) I need to scan them in. I am also working on documenting the new installs.

Howdy and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Ramble on, that´s what this site is for. :)

Photos

Yellow is the 72 the blue is the 73 both were used to make the 73 I have now. I know this is not PC for preserving the mustangs but when I started (1992) the 71-3 was not sought after and that goes extra for the coupe. Since I liked the coupe I wanted to make a daily Restomod only at the time the Restomod didn't exist.

Enjoy the pics!

sm73 mustang 1.JPG

sm73 mustang 2.JPG

sm72 mustang 1.JPG

sm72 mustang 2.JPG

sm72 mustang 3.JPG

sm72 mustang 4.JPG

sm72 mustang 5.JPG

Next post will be pics of the car now

Sorry the car is a little dirty but it's a driver that goes under the knife as I have money and time.

The color is 94 laser red.

The last pic should be the hydraulic clutch with a bracket to the Factory Ford clutch pedal.

73 Mustang red.jpg

View attachment 16122

IMG_2193.JPG

hydraulic clutch .JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back