New from Colorado!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaymaker

Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs!
Hi All! I'm a new guy from Colorado, but certainly not new to the hobby. I've been very active with truck, suburban, blazer, and miscellaneous projects. And, while I do not presently own a Mustang, I am gathering some information on a 1972 Mach I I'm currently looking into.

So, I have a friend who wants me to buy, or help him sell, his '72 Mach I. If my understanding is correct, it's a "Q" car, 351, 4-speed, Tach, excellent tin, good interior, many new parts available, and virtually NO rust outside of some very minor surface oxidation. My friend is the second owner and knows the PO. This Mach I is a woman driven, never wrecked, and never damaged car. The original 351, top-loader 4-speed, and front end are all available and will be included in the sale.

What would someone expect to pay for a car this straight! Thanks in advance for any help!!

DSC02991.JPGDSC02998.JPGDSC03004.JPGDSC03008.JPG

Welcome from coastal Alabama!

Looks like a rust free, Q-code, 4-speed, tint, tilt, PS, PDB, standard interior, mini-console, sport rear seat, instrumentation group,AM radio, and 15" rims with dog dish and trim rings. Did I miss anything? Functional ram air hood maybe?

A car like that is worth a lot more than the average Mach 1.

Welcome from coastal Alabama!

Looks like a rust free, Q-code, 4-speed, tint, tilt, PS, PDB, standard interior, mini-console, sport rear seat, instrumentation group, AM radio, and 15" rims with dog dish and trim rings. Did I miss anything? Functional ram air hood maybe?

A car like that is worth a lot more than the average Mach 1.
I think you pretty well hit it! Here's the hood. And, I'm told the stripes on the magazine cover car are supposed to be on this Mach I. (I can't tell you why they aren't on the car now, because I've been told by a VERY reliable source the car has never been wrecked.) I've been researching the Mach I cars of this era to try and determine a realistic value. Ran across this very nice site and joined!

DSC02988-r.JPG

DSC02986-r.JPG

Non functional ram air hood. You car did not come from the factory with the hockey stripes. See the bright metal trim separating the gold glow color from the lower black? If it has that then it didn't come from the factory with hockey stripes.

Btw, the 15" trim rings are very HARD to find so be careful with them. Hopefully they are all there.

::welcome:: From San Diego. Looks like a great car to restore. I don't think the wheels are 15s from the pics,but I could be wrong. I would say it's worth 5k no less than 3k maybe more need more details.

I have an additional question on the Mach I cars. Has anyone ever heard of a "Hurst Edition" Mach I? Or, is this just an idea generated over time because the 4-speed cars (or some of the 4-speed cars) has Hurst shifters? Just wondering...still gathering info!

Welcome from Houston, Texas!

3K - 7K if running. Looks pretty solid.

Order up a Marti report and you'll find out what all it was originally equipped with.

Mister the vendor,

I am interested about this car. Looking for a mach1 with 4 speed is impossible here, in France.

I don't know what could be the right price for this vehicule in the states.

Just need to park her in a boat to cross the Atlantic.

I'm ready to pay the car and transportation, after very deep inspection of the car through pictures from everywhere.

Keep in touch.

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

That's certainly an interesting find, well optioned, in decent shape. If you're in the market for a 71-73 Mustang you should consider buying it.

As for the price you should pay, I can't give you any reference as here in Europe prices are way higher for those cars than in the US.

Welcome

All 71-3 , 4 speed cars had hurst shifters

Wheels should be 14 X 7

Wheels were 14 x 7 but could have been ordered with 15 x 7. My car was ordered with 15 x 7s. Those look like 15s but hard to really tell in the pics.

Original poster please confirm wheel size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back