Hello fellow horsey enthusiasts!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 302 2v "Spring Special"
I recently acquired a 1971 Mustang Coupe. I purchased it from the original owner who unfortunately has some health problems and can no longer drive. The upside is that he lives down the street from me and was pleased that someone that really appreciates it is the new owner and can come see it any time he wants.

The car is in near perfect condition, very well maintained (130,000 original miles) and has been garaged and not used as a daily driver since the late 70s.

The only thing that needs to be done is the dash pad has a crack, the original radio was removed and the package tray has speakers installed. I have a new dash pad and package tray ordered and I'm looking for a replica AM/FM or original radio.

I have always wanted a first generation Mustang. I came close to purchasing one several times but it never seemed like the practical thing to do. But, now that the kids (are mostly) moved out my wife convinced me that I should go for it. And it believe me it didn't take too much convincing. :)

--

Joe71

WP_20130519_005.jpg

WP_20130511_005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I have always wanted a first generation Mustang. I came close to purchasing one several times but it never seemed like the practical thing to do...

--

Joe71
It's still not a practical thing to do but most of us are glad we did it. Nice looking Mustang, sounds like you got lucky, right place at the right time. Our member ship in Washington is really growing.

Hello from Olympia!

Jim

Great looking coupe! Did the original owner have the window sticker and other documents to pass on to you with the car?

Welcome from Oklahoma.

That looks like a very nice coupe. From totally original to heavily modded, you can get help on this site.

Sounds like you are trying to keep it original. Be sure and invest in a Marti report. It can provide much insight about your car as it was delivered to the dealership.

From the info you have provided and the appearance of your car; it is most likely a

Special Spring Value hardtop.

Ray

2zjhl6p.jpg

Oh Snap! That's nice! Congratulations, and welcome to 'The Family.' ::thumb::

Hello,

Welcome with your very nice coupé which looks like in very good condition.

Can we say about Grandé, the one I have, Coupé Grandé?

What engine and gearbox do you have?

Manu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back