1972 T5 (Mustang) Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 T5 (Mustang) Mach1
2011 Ford ka
2000 Husqvarna WR250
2011 Yamaha r1
2004 Buell xb9
1997 Aprilia RS 250
2005 Ford Mustang v6
Here my Marty report. Have fun with it.

1972 T5 Mach 1 i buy the car on 6.06.2006 from the first owner. The car was in bad condition and i restore it .Finished it in 2010 (but i find ever a thing that i can make better, faster ... :) )

The T5 specials are the metric speedometer, export label and the T5 package.

The t5 package incl. straggered shoks, HD shocks, springs and radiator.

Steering wheel lock, light modifications and all mustang emblems are delited and /or changed to T5 emblems.

HOPE TO SEE MANY MORE MARTY REPORT FROM OTHER CARS HERE! LET US SEE YOURS :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool how it was built as a Mustang but not really! LOL...very mysterious!

That's cool how it was built as a Mustang but not really! LOL...very mysterious!
As far as I know, Ford couldn´t use "Mustang" because in Germany it was a trademark of Kreidler motorcycle company. So they used T5 instead of Mustang.

Take a short look at the german Mustang:

kreidler.jpg

Yes you are right. The Kreidler Mustang cross is not so fast, but its cool , too.:cool:

From 1951-68 has Krupp the rights on the name , from 68-78 Kreidler.

Here is a Krupp mustang :D

653px-Krupp_Mustang_L8M4.jpg

As far as I know, Ford couldn´t use "Mustang" because in Germany it was a trademark of Kreidler motorcycle company. So they used T5 instead of Mustang.

Take a short look at the german Mustang:
Very nice T5 David! Got pics of the motor? I've heard the story about these T5's before but can't recall hearing your version. Very interesting and makes a lot of sense. I really like that Kreidler scoot! That tank has a nice shape for a bobber or cafe racers. Thanks for posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments. You can see some motor pictures in my garage / photo album in my profile. (Click on the my car picture on the left)

I like the T5 storys, and some other exciting thinks about the Mustang , like the shelby europa , boss ...

Thats awesome! I had no idea this car was known as anything else..

Here my Marty report. Have fun with it.

1972 T5 Mach 1 i buy the car on 6.06.2006 from the first owner. The car was in bad condition and i restore it .Finished it in 2010 (but i find ever a thing that i can make better, faster ... :) )

The T5 specials are the metric speedometer, export label and the T5 package.

The t5 package incl. straggered shoks, HD shocks, springs and radiator.

Steering wheel lock, light modifications and all mustang emblems are delited and /or changed to T5 emblems.

HOPE TO SEE MANY MORE MARTY REPORT FROM OTHER CARS HERE! LET US SEE YOURS :)
COOL..my mach1 canadian style was made MAY 19  .. must have been brothers in the assembly line?  serial 209563, im curious in your numbers...ps its a red on red, q code 4 speed

Back