Hello Everyone!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72survivor

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Cougar XR7
Hello everyone. Have been checking out these forums for a while and been a fan of '71-'73's for a long long time. I`m coming at things from a bit different angle because right now I have a relatively low mileage, rust free `72 Cougar XR7. I`m really enjoying the car and it`s a model you don`t see many of on the streets. Anyway, I have a mildly modified 351 C with a FMX. Was a 2v, now a 4v. Runs good, but I have a rebuilt 429 N code out of a `70 Torino Cobra with a C6. I know I`m going to need some help with gathering the parts I`ll need and with tech support. Especially confusing to me is switching from a column shift trans to a floor shift. I`ve already read lots on here, just thought I`d stop lurking, join up and introduce myself. Hope to get to know you all.

Mike

Welcome to the site. I know some other members here have Cougars too. Hopefully you will find the help you are looking for here. Post up some pics of your Cougar.

Welcome from Rhode Island.

I have seen a few Mustang owners here that also have 71-73 Cougars.

I have always been a big fan of Cougars, my first car was a 1977 Cougar XR7 that my parents bought new back in 77'.

we owned it up un tell a few years ago when I had to send it to metal recycling, I stripped all good parts, and watched it go up the conveyor and get spit out as small chunks :(

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Since Cougars and Torinos are like first cousins to the Mustang I guess we'll let you in. :p If you would have said you had a Pinto then no way! Lol

I want to upload some pics Butkus computer is really disliking the photo uploaded program this site uses.

Sorry "but my computer". Gotta love autocorrect. Where did it get "Butkus" from lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club from northern Nevada!

I have trouble with TinyPic sometimes, too. You should be able to scroll down to the New Attachement - Choose File option. That works better for me.

Glad to have you here!

Just testing a post with an attachment pic

Looks like it worked. Here's one more

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: From San Diego. A column shift 71-73 Cougar?? I have never seen one.
No, it's a floor shift. The C6 I have with my 429 is a Column shift. I am going to need some help figuring out what I need to do to make it a floor shift, or whether I'm going to have to replace it.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back