Hello all

dwm9ersfan

I am selling my 65 fastback restromod project and going to be buying a 7173 mustang. I live in Tigard, Oregon which is a located near Portland. I have always loved the 7173 style of Mustang and its about time I get one. So I will be posting questions about what to look for and what to look out for soon.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. You're in the right place for all things related to 71 - 73 Mustangs.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Welcome to the forum, from The Forida Panhandle.

That 65 2+2 should give you a good boost toward your 7173 choice

Might even to well to use it as trade bait. Go to local & regional Mustang shows(Mustangs Northwest Round Up in Seattle), and meet fellow Stangers. Always a great source of Mustangs fer sale.

Best and Welcome

Tubo

Miss May, 65 2+2 EFI 331 4R70W 3.55 trac-loc Not much origional remaining

Robert's 73 Vert 308 4R70W 3.25 trac-loc. EFI conversion & 8.8 Trac-Loc 3.31 started.

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it yet.

Welcome from Central Virginia! There are plenty of deals out there i would suggest though if you have the trade or cash to buy one that has been restored or mostly restored and will save you immensly as you will find there are not as many reproduced items for the 71-73 as there is the 65 era.

Things to look for:

typical floorpans/cowl areas for cancer

cancer in the tail light panel trunk floor (common)

cancer around very bottom of the doors/seams

Thankfully the 7173 seem to preserve a bit better than the first years stangs so chances of finding a relatively solid car are good.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Great site and great people who all are serious fans of the 71-3 Mustangs.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from Northern Virginia! Post up some pics of your 2+2 and keep us up to date on your search for a 71/71!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from North Carolina.

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Welcome from Colorado! There's a lot of good information and good people on this site. Many people have been very helpful in my quest to assist a friend of mine...another '71-'73 owner! Enjoy!!

don

Normally a "Heartbeat" kind of guy...but, I have some Ford questions. And, as was pointed out to me...maybe there's a little "Blue Oval" lurking in there somewhere! :huh:

Welcome from just up the road in Olympia. Post some pics and information on your 65 for sale, I know a couple of local Mustang club members looking for 65s.

Jim

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Welcome from Ontario Canada

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Northern Virginia! Post up some pics of your 2+2 and keep us up to date on your search for a 71/71!

I have got to get it out of the garage and get the pictures taken it won't be this weekend one of the kids is running in the track club championship Saturday and possible Sunday but I will get it done!

I have got to get it out of the garage and get the pictures taken it won't be this weekend one of the kids is running in the track club championship Saturday and possible Sunday but I will get it done!

Welcome from Medford, Or, looking forward to you pictures.

Welcome from Medford, Or, looking forward to those pictures.