New Mustang Guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrancingPony

Reaction score
My Car
Just plunked down $$$ for a 1973 Mach 1 CJ to be picked up when I return to the States next month.
Hello everyone. So glad to find this forum, just for those of us who dig 71-73 Mustangs (I like big ponies and I cannot lie). My name is Mike. I am currently in Okinawa, Japan but will be returning Stateside (Los Angeles) next month. In the process of buying a 1972 Mach 1 CJ and hope to have it shipped from PA to CA when I arrive. Looking forward to communicating with you all!

that's cool man, I was born in Okinawa on my dads last tour there in the air force there.

Hi Mike and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

There are quite a lot of Mikes here... :D

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Mach 1 and hearing more about it! Have you seen any 71/73's in Japan?

Welcome from Washington state!! and can't wait too see you're ride...Have a safe trip back to the states.
Thanks! I lived in Tacoma for 6 years (1986-1992) when I was stationed at McChord AFB. Will definitely post pics of the car as soon as I can.

that's cool man, I was born in Okinawa on my dads last tour there in the air force there.
Wow...small world! I will definitely miss Okinawa, or mostly my Skyline GTR.

Hi Mike and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

There are quite a lot of Mikes here... :D
What can I say...it's a great name! How's the muscle car scene in Luxembourg?

Welcome from Navarre, Florida

Military?

T2 ::welcome::
Was :) I got out of the Air Force (medical discharge) in 2001.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Mach 1 and hearing more about it! Have you seen any 71/73's in Japan?
Thanks! Will definitely post pics as soon as I can. I have seen a couple of what I think were 65 or 66s here in Okinawa, but not 71/73s. But there is a Japanese magazine dedicated to American muscle cars and I have seen pictures of 71/73s in the pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Southern California! Can't wait to see pictures of the ride when you get here. And if you're ever in need of a helping hand don't hesitate to shout out!

"Wow...small world! I will definitely miss Okinawa, or mostly my Skyline GTR"

yeah its a great place, what skyline gtr are you rockin? my brother has a 71 2000Gt done up like a GTR with an RB25DE on sidedrafts.,

Thanks everyone for the great welcome!

Unfortunately the deal for my 1972 Mach 1 CJ fell through. My credit union wanted a "written appraisal on company letterhead from a reputable appraiser of the car's value" before issuing the draft and the seller sort of got pissed. I guess I will have to find my 71-73 Mach 1 when I get to California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the great welcome!

Unfortunately the deal for my 1972 Mach 1 CJ fell through. My credit union wanted a "written appraisal on company letterhead from a reputable appraiser of the car's value" before issuing the draft and the seller sort of got pissed. I guess I will have to find my 71-73 Mach 1 when I get to California.
Whereabouts here in California are you going to end up? I know of at least one 72 Mach 1 that was for sale not far from me here a bit ago, and there's quite a few for sale down in the LA area if you know where to look and have some patience!

Don't you fret, we'll get you in a Mustang yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back