Over the Hood (Bonnet) Pictures

OLE PONY

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! I can actually post in this thread now!! I got the hood mocked up today - first time since I took it off in August 2010. Hopefully, only one more 'take off' by the painter, and I'll have a 'real' OTH pic with something other than the inside of the shop. ;) :D

1622682_781820121828908_535369360_n.jpg

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Looking good and great incentive!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a picture from about a week ago. The car is my daily driver 72 mach1 (351 4V, 4speed car). The time this picture was taken was 3:15am, during a blizzard, and the mach was doubling as an ambulance. The girlfriend had just fallen on ice outside here house and broke her ankle in two places, of course no one was home to bring her and was the first one she called. So, I started the mach, brushed the snow off the windows, and drove across town to her, and then to the hospital. The mach is surprisingly a decent driver in the snow!

24n3fgn.jpg

Heres a second pic from the next day heading home from work following my coworkers daily driven 66 chevelle 4 speed wagon..

2e3rf60.jpg

Heres one last picture. Cruising into work, sunrise and snow.. Pretty cool picture.

se1zes.jpg

Executioners Racing

Great pics. Do you have snow tires on the Mach? Back in the 70's I had an extra set of wheels and snow tires mounted on them. But that only lasted a couple of years until I had a Dodge Super Van, Tradesman 300, that I used in bad weather.

20180127_082009.jpg

No snow tires Ole Pony, Im running a pair of daily driver bfg street radial 275/60/15s on cragars. Going to be looking for a new wheel/tire combo in the spring once this snow and salt go away!

Executioners Racing

• 3 weeks later...

rymygu7u.jpg

I am so stoked to finally be able to post! Drove the car over to a body shop today to get a repair estimate for my rust. This is the first time I've ever actually driven the car other than little shorties around the block. After blowing some of the cobwebs out of the motor it runs WAY smoother than it had been. Taking it back next week for him to actually do the work. Can't believe I ever contemplated selling it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver

Congrats. All it takes is a little drive to keep you hooked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

20180127_082009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I took a long drive today and stopped at the beautiful castle of Beaufort.

As I took upon myself the sacred duty to promote this tiny little, unknown country so that maybe one of you guys will pay me a visit one day, I decided to take a pic and share it with you.

:)

befort.thumb.jpg.611a9cd7a04557ca3b2a520f15f7b10d.jpg

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Heres a picture from about a week ago. The car is my daily driver 72 mach1 (351 4V, 4speed car). The time this picture was taken was 3:15am, during a blizzard, and the mach was doubling as an ambulance. The girlfriend had just fallen on ice outside here house and broke her ankle in two places, of course no one was home to bring her and was the first one she called. So, I started the mach, brushed the snow off the windows, and drove across town to her, and then to the hospital. The mach is surprisingly a decent driver in the snow!

24n3fgn.jpg

Heres a second pic from the next day heading home from work following my coworkers daily driven 66 chevelle 4 speed wagon..

2e3rf60.jpg

Heres one last picture. Cruising into work, sunrise and snow.. Pretty cool picture.

se1zes.jpg

Mate, you guys up north are all heroes! How on earth do you put up with that cold white stuff! What do you call it? Snow or something...

I'm never going to complain again when I have to put a jumper on when it's a little fresh outside in winter...!

Image3.png

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Virginia Interstate I66 on the way to a Spring car show:

20140427_081258_zps55653166.jpg

20140427_081807_zpscf946397.jpg

20180127_082009.jpg

I have wanted to post an over the hood shot for a looong time. Here is my first while entering Charlotte Motor Speedway for the 50th.

07440186.thumb.JPG.24615d97fa6b314d2ffe3c620ff5573d.JPG

07440185.thumb.JPG.37d617ed1447b7451a69cdf1a9628265.JPG

Yeah! I finally can say I accomplished one more forum objective.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

That's funny, when I was looking on google where was this castle, I found it on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_Castle,_Luxembourg

And the picture you took seems like the same on Wiki, only the clouds were gone:)

By the way, nice one.

I took a long drive today and stopped at the beautiful castle of Beaufort.

As I took upon myself the sacred duty to promote this tiny little, unknown country so that maybe one of you guys will pay me a visit one day, I decided to take a pic and share it with you.

:)

Mustang, Mach 1 and 351