Have you checked your..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody knows this is a hoax.

Those muffler bearings are maintenance free because they are self lubricating. :)

Duh!

The one in mine is a sealed unit, and is not servicable. Just gotta replace it when it goes bad... no other choice. Otherwise, I get a weird "grinding" noise whenever the exhaust volume hits a certain threshold.

I can see a Shaddy Mechanic doing this " Sir, your Muffler Bearing is what was causing the rattiling sound, it will cost $750 for a new one"

where a good mechanic will be like " Sir, it was your muffler bracket causing the rattling sound, it will be $50 to fix it." :D

I can see a Shaddy Mechanic doing this " Sir, your Muffler Bearing is what was causing the rattiling sound, it will cost $750 for a new one"

where a good mechanic will be like " Sir, it was your muffler bracket causing the rattling sound, it will be $50 to fix it." :D
Yeah and he had a grasshopper in the insect valve after the muffler bearing became exhausted. All jokes aside, a friend of mine worked for a chevy dealer and told me a story of a brand new truck they sold with a strange noise on take off and stops. After hours of searching, the problem was found...ball bearings inside the door were rolling front to back. When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"

Yeah and he had a grasshopper in the insect valve after the muffler bearing became exhausted. All jokes aside, a friend of mine worked for a chevy dealer and told me a story of a brand new truck they sold with a strange noise on take off and stops. After hours of searching, the problem was found...ball bearings inside the door were rolling front to back. When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"

Oh man.....someone has a twisted sense of humour.

When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"
As frustrated as I would be if I were the owner of said truck, there is still a level of awesomeness to this.

Funny story, they filled the panhard bar of my 2012 Mustang GT/CS with ball bearings, took me about 2 months to figure out what the noise was. They replaced the whole thing.

When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"
As frustrated as I would be if I were the owner of said truck, there is still a level of awesomeness to this.

Funny story, they filled the panhard bar of my 2012 Mustang GT/CS with ball bearings, took me about 2 months to figure out what the noise was. They replaced the whole thing.
Must have been friday at the assembly plant :p

Everybody knows this is a hoax.

Those muffler bearings are maintenance free because they are self lubricating. :)

Duh!
Lol...It is such a classic that everyone has twist to the old joke ;)

Lmao...That is messed up.

I have a motorcycle that actually has muffler bearings!
Lmao!!..I figured some where in the world a bearing was stuffed in a muffler..lol what do they do in the muffler for your bike? Hold something in place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back