Replacement R Code Carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweeps

Reaction score
My Car
07 Mustang GT
First car 351 H Code 73 Mach 1 totalled in college
Would a D3PF BA (D3ZZ-9510-E) work on a 72 R code? Not worried about concourse correct just want something to use for driving around and rebuild the Original Carb over the winter. I know it is a 73 part number and Motorcraft instead of Autolite. Just wanted to hear some opinions.

Would a D3PF BA (D3ZZ-9510-E) work on a 72 R code? Not worried about concourse correct just want something to use for driving around and rebuild the Original Carb over the winter. I know it is a 73 part number and Motorcraft instead of Autolite. Just wanted to hear some opinions.
If it is a spread bore it should work fine.

It is a spread bore. The bore size says 1.25 what is the bore size on the R Code 4300-D?

It is a spread bore. The bore size says 1.25 what is the bore size on the R Code 4300-D?
According to my little blue book the primary throttle bore for the D2ZF-GA, which is the R code carb is 1.56and the secondary throttle bore is 1.96. This is the same for all 4300D carbs. The venture diameter is 1.25 and the air flow CFM is 750. I hope this helps.

According to my little blue book the primary throttle bore for the D2ZF-GA, which is the R code carb is 1.56and the secondary throttle bore is 1.96. This is the same for all 4300D carbs. The venture diameter is 1.25 and the air flow CFM is 750. I hope this helps.
Do you know how the secondary side meters fuel to the engine, i see the one that i have has no booster.How about a little school call.

Back