Vids from my band's gig last Saturday

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hey guys, after all that buzz about musicians rewards, I thought I'd post a link to some vids that the owner of the club posted on Youtube of the gig we played there last Saturday night (June 15th, 2013).

They are the first few songs into the set, so there is unfortunately a little fidgeting and amp knob turning going on that looks a little unprofessional. But it is a small venue, we don't have a FOH mixer and we did not have soundcheck, so we had to do the fine tunig during the first few songs.

The next two hours had better stage presence but he did not film that becasue he was busy serving drinks to the (small) crowd.

By the way, for those who don't know me, I am the long haired guy in the front right corner tormenting that poor electric guitar. :)

Anyway, enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool,I was worried your band would be singing in German.lol.:p What does Pilli Pilli mean?Thanks for sharing,

Eric

What does Pilli Pilli mean?
Pilli pilli is the small red chili peppers (jalapeños?). I don't know what language it comes from originally but the term is used in several languages. Sometimes they are also referred to as piri piri. Same expression, slightly different spelling.

Hey that looks just like the soldano my cousin sold a few years ago on ebay.
Ban him from your family!! ;)

I've had this amp for about 16 or 17 years now and I still absolutely love it. Before that I bought and sold amps every few months, looking for THE ONE. ( Mesa Boogies, Marshalls, Laneys etc)

After I got this one I never looked back.

I also have a collection of Fender amps but those are for different music styles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, after all that buzz about musicians rewards, I thought I'd post a link to some vids that the owner of the club posted on Youtube of the gig we played there last Saturday night (June 15th, 2013).

They are the first few songs into the set, so there is unfortunately a little fidgeting and amp knob turning going on that looks a little unprofessional. But it is a small venue, we don't have a FOH mixer and we did not have soundcheck, so we had to do the fine tunig during the first few songs.

The next two hours had better stage presence but he did not film that becasue he was busy serving drinks to the (small) crowd.

By the way, for those who don't know me, I am the long haired guy in the front right corner tormenting that poor electric guitar. :)

Anyway, enjoy:

Wow!!!! I absolutely LOVE your middle video! I love the blues, and you guys nailed it. I mean really really good!!! I could listen to that all night!

soldano is a killer amp. have you ever played through a DR Z?
Yeah, I had one here for about two weeks. Great amp.

Friend of mine was selling his MAZ 18 and I really wanted to have it but it turned out that it sounded and responded almost exactly like my original 1970 Bassman head (which is by no means a bad thing!). So there was really no need to lay down that much money for an amp that I basically already owned.

It would have been only for the cool factor of having a DR Z in my backline at a gig, but I've grown out of that.

What I really did not like about it was the sloppy workmanship. The reverb unit that was bolted to the inside top panel came off on one side and lay on the tubes because the screw would not hold and the front panel above the controls (the part that carries the "Z" logo) would fall off and drop to the floor randomly. I think that was what really kept me from buying it on top of my not really needing it.

Sometimes I wish I had bought it anyway....

What does Pilli Pilli mean?
Pilli pilli is the small red chili peppers (jalapeños?). I don't know what language it comes from originally but the term is used in several languages. Sometimes they are also referred to as piri piri. Same expression, slightly different spelling.

Hey that looks just like the soldano my cousin sold a few years ago on ebay.
Ban him from your family!! ;)

I've had this amp for about 16 or 17 years now and I still absolutely love it. Before that I bought and sold amps every few months, looking for THE ONE. ( Mesa Boogies, Marshalls, Laneys etc)

After I got this one I never looked back.

I also have a collection of Fender amps but those are for different music styles.
Ya...I wished i could have got it off him..But it sold for more than i could afford at the time on ebay..Speaking of mesa...I always wanted one of there Mesa Triple Rectifier 150 heads with the diamond plate front...hehe

this my only major old head..which they are getting rare as hell.....plus impossible to find the right mods for it.....Lucky i got extra's with it..lol

I had to revive this thread just to listen again. :D
I'm glad you did. I missed it the first time! I'm diggin' it!

Back