FINISHED UNDERSIDE--PYPES EXHAUST

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Pretty much finished up the underside detail..Got the pypes system installed..Still needs to welded up & tweaked a tad..But I'm going to have the guy who did my camaro system handle that..I can't be doing that on my back in the driveway..really need a lift..Plus I want to install v-band clamps at the muffler to tail pipe joint for easy removal if the need arises in the future.. Pretty nice system & sounds really good. I will try & get a vid up later..

101_0295.JPG101_0296.JPG101_0299.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you end up attaching the stock style muffler hangars to the mufflers?
I didn't for the mufflers...To much work for right now Used the universal hangers for the mufflers..but did use the stock tail pipe hangers

Lookin' good!

My pipes are ridiculously close to the inner shackles - how did yours come out?

Did you go with the X-pipe as well, or just mufflers back?

The underside of your car looks nicer than the underside of my 2012 did fresh from the factory! Wow, keep up the quality work! Definitely get a video up so we can all enjoy the sound!

Great stuff Scott...and thanks for all the tips. You put me to shame on how fast you finished this project.

Jeff

PS...I bought some of the rust shield and can't wait to try it out.

Scott,

I was about to order the Pypes kit and saw this post.

I have a few quesions for you:

• Did you get the SFM04S Kit
  • Do you have headers
  • Was the installation pretty straight forward or did you have to do alot of modifications?
  • Are you using the Pypes mufflers
  • I saw the muffler outlet was offset, I thought theirs was offset in and center out
  • Can you post a pic of the exhaust at the valence when you have a chance

Nice job on the installation, can't wait for the vid to hear what it sounds like.

-jbojo

Not to steal Q's thunder, but here's what it looks like under my car - I believe he has the same kit as the one I picked up from Summit (2.5" stainless w/X-pipe and Pypes Street Pro mufflers).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not to steal Q's thunder, but here's what it looks like under my car - I believe he has the same kit as the one I picked up from Summit (2.5" stainless w/X-pipe and Pypes Street Pro mufflers).

attachment.php
I don't think my collecter length is as long, was there enough material to connect to shorter length collectors? I am using Hooker Comp headers and I believe that they will be parallel to the tranny.

thx

-jbojo

I don't think my collecter length is as long, was there enough material to connect to shorter length collectors? I am using Hooker Comp headers and I believe that they will be parallel to the tranny.

thx

-jbojo
Guess again - mine are also Hooker Competition (ceramic coated) headers. I purchased everything through Summit - be advised that the Hooker headers don't come with the collectors (black pieces) - they are a separate purchase, and only come in black. As a result, I had to bend the lead pipe sections of the Pypes kit 14-ish degrees to get them mated up to the headers. And yes - I whacked a solid 8-10" off the lead pipes at the header end.

Otherwise - the Pypes kit RAWKS!! It was very complete, easy to install, and sounds great. I'd like to hear/see more of Q's setup and how he addressed the things I ran into.

thx

-jbojo
Guess again - mine are also Hooker Competition (ceramic coated) headers. I purchased everything through Summit - be advised that the Hooker headers don't come with the collectors (black pieces) - they are a separate purchase, and only come in black. As a result, I had to bend the lead pipe sections of the Pypes kit 14-ish degrees to get them mated up to the headers. And yes - I whacked a solid 8-10" off the lead pipes at the header end.

Otherwise - the Pypes kit RAWKS!! It was very complete, easy to install, and sounds great. I'd like to hear/see more of Q's setup and how he addressed the things I ran into.
Thx Eric,

Yeah, I have the collectors already. I am going with the Pypes system but I have staggard shocks so the tailpipe will be an issue. Been talking to Dr Gas and they are going to start making GT pipes for the staggard shock cars again so if everyone who needs this mails them they will get them out quicker to meet the demand. I am on their list now for a set.

Dr. Gas! Exhaust

[email protected]

www.drgas.com

thx

-jbojo

Lookin' good!

My pipes are ridiculously close to the inner shackles - how did yours come out?

Did you go with the X-pipe as well, or just mufflers back?
Mine have about 2" to the shackles...yep x-pipe setup

Scott,

I was about to order the Pypes kit and saw this post.

I have a few quesions for you:

• Did you get the SFM04S Kit
  • Do you have headers
  • Was the installation pretty straight forward or did you have to do alot of modifications?
  • Are you using the Pypes mufflers
  • I saw the muffler outlet was offset, I thought theirs was offset in and center out
  • Can you post a pic of the exhaust at the valence when you have a chance

Nice job on the installation, can't wait for the vid to hear what it sounds like.

-jbojo
I got the x-pipe kit with the street pro mufflers

Yes I have headers

Install was pretty easy since my headers are a straight shot parallel to the rockers...I did trim some from the front collector extensions & some from the rear x pipes

Mufflers are offset on both ends ( the way the kit comes)

Thanks for the compliment..It's gonna be even better once the v-band clamps get installed (non kit item) will grab a pic after thats done

Back