[split] Newbie

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
Hello To All,

I have had my 1971 fastback mustang for about 25 years. i believe my mustang was an early production model due to the rear seat cross members are different to other 1971 mustangs. I have a rebuilt 351C 4 bolt with power forged piston, shot penned and magnu-fluxed connecting rods from PAW. I am running 351C-2V heads with a three angle valve job and Eldebrock performer plus camshaft and 4V intake. The spark is generated by a Mallory Unlite distributor along with a Mallory Hyfire sparkbox. My transmisson is a rebuilt FMX with a shift kit. The read end consists of a rebuilt 9 inch , 3.25 traction lock with 5 leaf lowered one inch. I also have the complete Ram Air setup that came with car. No A/C.

My second car is a 1973 Hard top that has a rebuilt 1994 H.O Roller motor with aluminum cylinder heads that was put together by Bill Hauser of Bill's Speed shop in Fuquay- Varina, NC. I have also installed a rebuilt 1990 AOD with a shift kit. I am on the second redo of this car due to the rust in the trunk area.

Thank You

mustang7173

Hello To All,

I have had my 1971 fastback mustang for about 25 years. i believe my mustang was an early production model due to the rear seat cross members are different to other 1971 mustangs. I have a rebuilt 351C 4 bolt with power forged piston, shot penned and magnu-fluxed connecting rods from PAW. I am running 351C-2V heads with a three angle valve job and Eldebrock performer plus camshaft and 4V intake. The spark is generated by a Mallory Unlite distributor along with a Mallory Hyfire sparkbox. My transmisson is a rebuilt FMX with a shift kit. The read end consists of a rebuilt 9 inch , 3.25 traction lock with 5 leaf lowered one inch. I also have the complete Ram Air setup that came with car. No A/C.

My second car is a 1973 Hard top that has a rebuilt 1994 H.O Roller motor with aluminum cylinder heads that was put together by Bill Hauser of Bill's Speed shop in Fuquay- Varina, NC. I have also installed a rebuilt 1990 AOD with a shift kit. I am on the second redo of this car due to the rust in the trunk area.

Thank You

mustang7173
::welcome:: If you start another thread under the introductions forum you will get a proper welcome.

Even though you've been on here a while - welcome.

I split out your intro into it's own thread so that it would have visibility and we can see who we are welcoming.

I have had my 1971 fastback mustang for about 25 years. i believe my mustang was an early production model due to the rear seat cross members are different to other 1971 mustangs.

mustang7173
I'm not sure what you mean by rear seat cross member.

What are the first 9 characters of the VIN and I can tell within a week or two when your car was built or order a Marti Report. The month of manufacture is also on the door data plate.

Yes - Welcome!!! Tell us more about your cars. The roller-motored car shounds like a great driver. I'm a purist by heart, but really like the power and reliability of the newer techonology folks are using as they mod their cars.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back