Greeting from Oz

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slimeysimes

Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback
Howdy All,

Sunny and 40 degress today in Melbourne!

My name is Simon and I have a 72 Fastback that I have owned since 2000, she is currently in a container on a ship somewhere near the suez canal heading for Singapore and she is due to arrive in Oz in 5-6 weeks or so....

She has spent most of her life in the garage since I bought her needing a rebuild and then only got round to it after about 4 years of ownership. I finally got her up and running and registered in the UK only to move to Australia 1 week after she came out of the spray shop.. :-(

So after 6 years of sitting in my Dad's freezing garage in the UK I finally get to ship her out to sunny Oz...

All I need to do now is get her through the certification and roadworthiness process and then I can drive her on the roads here.

Just in time for the petrol prices to go through the roof... :)

Cheers

Simon

WELCOME aboard, Simon!

I would love to hear more about your '72. What engine and transmission do you have? When you get the chance, please post up some pictures.

Look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome to the club, Simon. Glad to see you made it over here.

If you have a picture, that would be great - we LOVE pictures. Please keep us posted about your progress, and your plans. Good to have you here.

Doc

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

hoping this picture thing works.....

You asked for a piccie and here she is, in all her glory just after she came out of the paint shop...it is a non-standard colour, but I think she looks good...and as far as I am concerned that's all that matters ;-)

She has a 351 2v Cleveland and an FMX transmission, I've got a bigger holley than standard (can't remember the model at the mo, still waiting for all my paperwork and receipts to come through from the UK), the diff is off an old truck at the moment so she is in cruising rather than speed mode (it's missing teeth as well so sounds awful when you lift off), I've got a pertronix ignitor in and I removed the factory A/C to save some weight as it never worked..

She's got hardened valve springs and had pretty much a top end rebuild...

I've put tougher lower springs front and rear and fitted one of those Street Bandit handling kits with Polyurethane bushings, it made a miraculous difference to he handling...although it does squeak a bit if she goes unused for a while, I also replaced the rear drums with discs...

No major plans right now other than getting her on the road, but maybe look at some headers and a decendt sounding exhuast system, but I am tempted by a set of alloy heads as made by CHI (just down the road from me here in Oz)....

DSCF0334.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting we consider these BIG body stangs.and looking at the above pic...looks big. two things I noticed. in my garage it is NOT much longer than the 67 convertible. but is noteably wider. However next to a 69 Super Bee ....our cars are SMALL!!! it's amazing.

woow men... LOOOVE the classic looks on your car.. i wish mine was something like that... (it will somehow, sometime...) Enjoy the ride and keep it as clean as it is!

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back