• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Original 72 rear bumper - no guards

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
These aftermarket bumpers can drive a person crazy. I have spent two evenings trying to get a repop bumper properly aligned. I am leading to the assumption that the bumper is the culprit here as all of my measurements of the body match up as well as the bumper brackets.

Wondering if anyone has a dent and rust free bumper available? I understand some surface rust is to be expected and I will be rechroming it, but I would prefer not to do alot of welding work to get a good base for chromeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
These aftermarket bumpers can drive a person crazy. I have spent two evenings trying to get a repop bumper properly aligned. I am leading to the assumption that the bumper is the culprit here as all of my measurements of the body match up as well as the bumper brackets.

Wondering if anyone has a dent and rust free bumper available? I understand some surface rust is to be expected and I will be rechroming it, but I would prefer not to do alot of welding work to get a good base for chromeing.
I have one 50.00 plus the ride

looks like it had a trailer hitch installed. I think I will pass on this one, but greatly appreciate your time and help with it. I have a solid lead on a brand new ford bumper still in the wrapper.

Latest posts

Back