SELLING MY ENTIRE 429 DRIVE TRAIN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
I've decided to sell the entire driveline from my 429 car...you get everything from the carb to the tailshaft...heres the details...http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/pts/3888883455.html

My days of drag racing are over...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not something you see on craigslist everyday. :p

It's the perfect solution for someone wanting to do that swap.

What are you planning to go back with? 351 cobra jet?

No its not Don...& It's really a fair deal It would cost you more just to buy the parts...Not sure yet..Need to do more research.. but a new ford motor sport 302 boss might be nice :)

No its not Don...& It's really a fair deal It would cost you more just to buy the parts...Not sure yet..Need to do more research.. but a new ford motor sport 302 boss might be nice :)
That would be a sweet engine to have. Keep us posted with the plan. It's always interesting to me to see someone do something different in the engine compartment. Nothing wrong with stock at all but different engine setups intrigue me - unless it's putting a 5.0 efi in a classic. Seemed like every modded 65-68 Ford had that at the shows. Lol

Wow yes that is a very fair price. I wish I had the cash laying around lol
Yep..& I have some wiggle room depending on if the new owner helps remove it from the car..I forgot to mention in the ad I also have a 3" exhaust system with super 44's I will throw in..

I gotta ask...why do you dislike the big block? handling? fuel mileage? weight?
I don't dislike it at all...It's a kick azz setup...But at this stage of my life it's just to radical...I need a setup I can drive for hours on end to take some long trips on. I met my wife in my q-code car took some long trips together in that car back in the day..Our 25 year anniversary is coming up & I wanted to recreate some of those trips for our anniversary...Since my qcode has at least another year to go I'd thought we could do it in the 429 car...my wife isn't gonna drive in the 429 car for over an hour..

Oh, it's solid roller..? Yeah, that's not meant for long trips. It would suck to lunch a lifter or valve spring in BFE..

Good luck on the sale, that's a BMF.
Now hold on. Long trips did happened back before the invent of hydraulic lifters.

WOW that's a deal Scott! I agree kinda radical to drive too much.
Theres a bunch more stuff too.. I missed a few items..Like a $351.00 harmonic balancer..I just went through the receipts just the heads..cam..lifters..carb =$4000.00

Sounds like a good plan too me.,,,Ya new 302 would be diffrent..But im sure you would run into alot less issues going back to a mild built q code 351....But sometimes it is worth such mods...Specialy with non matching numbers car you are able to do anything you want..lol...Why not blow everyones minds and put a mid block 390 FE in there ;) hehehe

Sounds like a good plan too me.,,,Ya new 302 would be diffrent..But im sure you would run into alot less issues going back to a mild built q code 351....But sometimes it is worth such mods...Specialy with non matching numbers car you are able to do anything you want..lol...Why not blow everyones minds and put a mid block 390 FE in there ;) hehehe
I already have the qcode car with its #'s matching 351cj ... I thought about a 390 too.. still researching..I really like the ford motorsport boss 302 NON EFI ..would be different for sure..& close to perfect for a road race canyon carver type car..which is where I'm heading with the car

I already have the qcode car with its #'s matching 351cj ... I thought about a 390 too.. still researching..I really like the ford motorsport boss 302 NON EFI ..would be different for sure..& close to perfect for a road race canyon carver type car..which is where I'm heading with the car
+1 on the Ford racing push rod Boss 302.:cool:

Back