Bad people

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
I am a pretty optimistic person and usually look for the good in all people, but not today. Let me tell you what happened to my wife and children last night.

We live in a pretty nice neighborhood that has a neighborhood pool. My wife (a school teacher) will take my children to the pool almost every day during the summer. For the past five years they have went with no incident. There is a rule at the pool that you must let yourself in (with the provided key) and not to let people past the gate whom you do not know. This is to keep people from outside of the neighborhood from using the pool.

Yesterday afternoon as my wife, children, friend, and her child were leaving the pool, two women and three men approached them and asked to be let into the pool. My wife explained that she could not and if they lived in the neighborhood then they will need to get their own key. No sooner had she gotten the last sentence out of her mouth than one of the ladies punched her in the face and started clawing at her. The friend pulled her off of my wife, but then was attacked by the other woman. At the point the friend identified herself as a state peace officer, which made the only fight her more.

Finally, a group of men from the pool made their way outside of the gate and ran the group off.

I am forever grateful for them stopping the event, calling 911, and even getting the license plate number of the car. More importantly they were able to protect my girls. All of this occurred because they wanted in the pool? Oh and to top it off, they took the phone of the friend with them. To recap that would be assault, assault of a Peace Officer, and theft from the same Peace Officer.

The more I think about it, the more mad I become.

WOW! Thats incredible.I"m a pretty easy going guy ,but if someone attacked my wife and or kids I would probably flip & turn into something I would'nt be proud of later .I hope you find them and get some sort of justice out of this.:mad:

Did they catch them yet?
Not yet. Of course they will call my wife and she is out of town at a training all day.

WOW! Thats incredible.I"m a pretty easy going guy ,but if someone attacked my wife and or kids I would probably flip & turn into something I would'nt be proud of later .I hope you find them and get some sort of justice out of this.:mad:
Yeah I probably would have been dead or in jail if I had been there. The more I think about it, the more my blood pressure goes up. I was pretty sick this weekend and so skipped the pool, now kicking myself for not going anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope your wife and children are recovering from all of the trauma that went with the situation. I pray that the police find these people and that the perpetrators resist arrest and get what they deserve in addition to prosecution and incarceration.

Mostly I pray that you, your wife and your children all learn to move forward and not let the actions of a few horrible people stop you from enjoying life.

Jeremy, I'm glad they are OK

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a horrible and unfortunate situation, my girlfriend and mother went to the local mall here and while attempting to walk into Barnes and Nobles, a man ran up and tried to steal my mother's purse. My girlfriend defended her and ended up getting socked in the jaw. Senseless stupid violence from inconsiderate stupid people.

Like you I wish I could have been there to defend them, but would most likely have regretted my actions afterwards (though at the time it would have felt great)

I wish them all the best of luck in their recovery, both physical and mental.

At least they are ok. I don't know what I would do. Probably something that would end up bad for everyone.

What's worse, is that people that go through something like that become afraid (and almost a prisoner) in their own community.

Holy crap! That's insane! A few years ago my wife was at the grocery store with the boys, who were 4 & 6 at the time and a weirdo in a black cowboy had and boots approached them on their way out to the car. The freak was offering to help my wife load the car! My wife knew enough to get the kids into the car ASAP and she tried to get rid of the dude but he wouldn't go. She said she practically ran him over pulling out because he got so close to her window after she got in the car. Thank God I wasn't there cuz I would've kicked the guys a$$ and I'm not a fighter by any means! You don't mess with the wife and kids!!!!

Glad everyone in your ordeal is ok! Hopefully they catch the scum and then hold them under water at the pool until the bubbles stop coming up...hey, they wanted in the pool right?

I am so sorry for your family and what they went through. Times are very shady. I have always been easy as many have noted they are too. Now I no longer trust people in general. I am sorry to say after being attached myself 3 years ago, I now have a license to carry. And I do. I have had to pull it only once. Sad to say it worked. The 3 guys saw my piece through the car window and let go of the door handles and ran. (Attached at red traffic light). We are no longer in the 70's, where we could leave our doors unlocked. They are some scary bold people out there. My last attach was mid day in the Tampa Bay Area. What a shame. I am sure they will find them. Take care.

Good they had some help...And even better they got the plates and such...Some one will give them up soon as the cops come knocking at the door...And some serious charges...Ya it is times like that you wish you was there..When a loved ones gets in trouble.

Wow, that is shocking. At least the bystanders did pitch in and not just look the other way. Hopefully your wife and kids are not too traumatized. Are they up to going back to the pool yet?

It's weird. If I was the person approching the pool (and I didn't know the people exiting) I would stand back far enough that they knew I was waiting for the gate to close so I could open it with my key.

At the local 'u store it' you are supposed to punch in for the gate to open. If someone is exiting/entering I make sure to hang back enough so they know I won't try to run the gate.

I had a guy try to follow me in once. I stopped so he couldn't. BOY was he mad. HONK HONK HONK. Whatever.

I am really sorry about what happened to you. At some point we lost our way. Your wife was completly in the right as we all know. I only wish someone had detained them.

Back