My Next Project (V Code 71 Roadrunner)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
Here is the next project that I have lined up to start after I finish my Mustang rebuild. It's a 1971 Roadrunner 440-6 (V Code) with a 4 speed and Air Grabber hood. It's in pretty rough condition with no major rust issues though. Not a Mustang and I am not a Mopar fan but just couldn't resist this one.

100_0131.JPG

100_0138.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE!!! ::thumb::

Definitely on the list of my "Top-5" favorite muscle cars of all time.

Insert "green with envy" smilie here. :D

That is THE car I want. 71 Roadrunner, GTX or Satellite, I don´t care. But I want that car!!!!

Here are three fine examples:

I almost bought the last one but I did not have the money at the time.

085.JPG

080.JPG

101.JPG

That last one looks almost identical to the '73 Satellite Sebring my cousin had when I was in high school.... and I should've just bought it from her (seeing how she didn't even have a driver's license at the time).

Grrrr!!! Hindsight sucks!

Thx for the comments guys. They only made around 137 of these V code 4 speed cars and I really don't know how many are still around. I really like the way that air grabber raises out of the hood for the ram air affect. I don't think that the Mopar folks kept very good records as far as how each car was optioned like Marti reports so it's going to be difficult to determine if this is a 1/1 car. Going to do a full rotisserie restore on this one and keep it fully original.

Here is the next project that I have lined up to start after I finish my Mustang rebuild. It's a 1971 Roadrunner 440-6 (V Code) with a 4 speed and Air Grabber hood. It's in pretty rough condition with no major rust issues though. Not a Mustang and I am not a Mopar fan but just couldn't resist this one.
Awesome car... I absolutely love the 71 in particular. When you get that car done it will be worth some serious money...

This guy is the "MARTI" equivalent to the MOPAR world.

http://www.galengovier.com/

Good Luck!

Awesome car... I absolutely love the 71 in particular. When you get that car done it will be worth some serious money...

This guy is the "MARTI" equivalent to the MOPAR world.

http://www.galengovier.com/

Good Luck!
Yeah, I haven't heard too many good things about the Galen reports, no comparison to the Marti reports. Mopar just didn't keep very accurate records of these cars. I will try to get this car on the Mopar registry.

-jbojo

I like these cars...could have bought an all original one In perfect condition when I was 17 for $1000 and passed it up :mad:
Yeah, I kick myself too. I actually was considering a 1970 Superbird at the time but just didn't have the funds. I think it was listed for $4100.00, I got to test drive it though.

-jbojo

I like these cars...could have bought an all original one In perfect condition when I was 17 for $1000 and passed it up :mad:
Yeah - the one I let get away was only $650. 318 w/headers, dual exhaust w/Cherry Bombs, 727, 3.55s, slotted mags, half-worn BFGs, and already had an El Cheapo cassette deck and leaky air shocks installed.

Dammit!

A good friend of mine had a 71 383 roadrunner. I helped him restore the engine bay and install the 383. He had it painted a Viper blue and the factory blue interior redone.The car really grew on me and I would say there my favorite Mopars. The car was awesome in every way. Once the car was done he sold it because he wanted a Challenger, he never got the Challenger.:dodgy: Needless to say he regrets selling it and I remind him how bad ass that car was. In fact I'm going to call him now to remind him how dumb he is.:D

A friend told me about a 1970 challenger when I was a youngin. Dad took me to look at it...what a beauty...yellow with white interior, 383 4 speed car, no rust but it had a fist size ding in the front right fender. The price was $500 and I had the cash in my pocket...I was going to own the bad boy. The owner was really selling the car to my dad (telling him how great the car is and all the salesmen stuff) then dad said "It's not for me, he wants it" and points to me...The guy said "too much car for you kid, it's not for sale" and walks back in the house. Dad told me to get back in the truck, and that he wouldn't give 2 cents for something like that. years later he and I were watching barret jackson and a car just like it sold for like $100,000 and he just looked at me and said "shutup..you probably wouldn't be alive now if I had let you have that piece of sh.." and he was probably right too.

Was that car down by tri cities raceway?...It looks just like a road runner i seen down by my cousin house by tri cities raceway.....Yellow one down there next door too his place in about the same shape.

Was that car down by tri cities raceway?...It looks just like a road runner i seen down by my cousin house by tri cities raceway.....Yellow one down there next door too his place in about the same shape.
No, this is an AZ car but it was once used on the drag strip. It had a ridiculous 5.xx something rear end. From the original owner is that this was a pretty quick car in it's day.

-jbojo

Back