My Next Project (V Code 71 Roadrunner)

jbojo

This shifter is a very nice object on itself. Is the handle made of wood or is it fake plastic?

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This shifter is a very nice object on itself. Is the handle made of wood or is it fake plastic?

They are molded so I believe that it is plastic.  They do make these grips in other materials such as carbon fiber and other shades of wood.  Just an FYI they also have the old shifters used in Mustangs if you anyone is in the market for a replacement.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

• 4 months later...

My 5 speed tranny was delivered today and took 4 yrs to get but I think it was worth the wait.  The shifter was moved back 6 inches and raised by about the same amount by using a dogbone plate mounted on the front mounting point to get the proper placement..  This was unique to the Roadrunners with bench seats from 1971 on.  The .70 overdrive and 4.10 rear should work well together on the freeways. All B and E body cars with bucket seats had the shifter mounted to the tailshaft either in the forward or rear spot.  imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.9fc7c4e0de7335489cd9b028386dd6be.jpg20190818_133112.thumb.jpg.0d627b1c550ea5e07676ea8f844ad0a4.jpg

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]