So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The exhaust manifolds have been blasted and painted with high temp paint now. The passenger side was missing the heat riser valve, the spring and counterweight. Not sure why it's on the passenger side manifold but thought it must serve a purpose and wanted to make it correct. These manifolds are the correct ones for this car and were on 70 and 71 only. The Accurate LTD exhaust system that I am getting are mocked up on a 71 RR with these manifolds when they are made so they should replicate the factory installation down to the correct P/N's.

exhaust1.JPG.f93e05c86f64a6b14c20ae1e2293e921.JPG

exhaust6.JPG.ae0c3ea4e58311fb816946899eee4427.JPG

exhaust7.JPG.ddb52eb1e1798a41d437d65e43879129.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Jeff,

That sounds like a good price for that car. Post some pics here if you get some, I'd like to see it.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Updating pics of the motor with the accessories going on. Waiting on the alternator and power steering brackets now. I will leave the intake on as I have the lift plate for that manifold and not one for a 6 pack. I have been looking for one but haven't been able to find one yet. I rather mount the 6 pack manifold prior to putting the motor in the car but may have to do that with it in, hope not.

1325790177_motor.JPG.861474971f8383256ee0226969f3d8c8.JPG

motor1.JPG.333271812fe2d563cd5baaee1638b64f.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

Good looking engine. The exhaust looks like it is missing a turbocharger :)

1971 M-code Mach 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

I agree that Mopar's come up with some weird looking stuff.

The turbo sure looks like it would fit in with the exhaust set up.

Here is the look that I am striving for when I am done.

9.thumb.jpg.99f33c2aec3a4c3b7cd954bdfb11f81f.jpg

-john

(jbojo)

The exhaust manifolds have been blasted and painted with high temp paint now. The passenger side was missing the heat riser valve, the spring and counterweight. Not sure why it's on the passenger side manifold but thought it must serve a purpose and wanted to make it correct. These manifolds are the correct ones for this car and were on 70 and 71 only. The Accurate LTD exhaust system that I am getting are mocked up on a 71 RR with these manifolds when they are made so they should replicate the factory installation down to the correct P/N's.

Looks good John.

Now you've done it, I am going to have to go buy that 72 with the 510 Stroker I told you about... Dang it!!!

This thread has that effect lol. Pics please.

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

It looks like it will be a twin of this engine and am really envious, but not envious of the tuning on the six pack that will be inevitable...

Looks good John.

Now you've done it, I am going to have to go buy that 72 with the 510 Stroker I told you about... Dang it!!!

I was going to run buy there during lunch today, but wasn't feeling too good. I am going to attempt to get some pictures tomorrow, stay tuned... Hope it hasn't been sold!

It looks like it will be a twin of this engine and am really envious, but not envious of the tuning on the six pack that will be inevitable...

Looks good John.

I was going to run buy there during lunch today, but wasn't feeling too good. I am going to attempt to get some pictures tomorrow, stay tuned... Hope it hasn't been sold!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the 72 RR.

Never had multi carbs so yeah the tuning will be a new experience for me. That was one of the reasons why the 4V carb was used for break in to avoid unnecessary cranking of the motor. The power steering pump is on the motor now, still waiting for the alternator brackets and a few misc parts.

610252290_steeringpump.JPG.1eff351b49335d956b90c025e1c8db3c.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

It's funny how we've come to appreciate some of these cars from the 70's. When I was in High School and these MOPAR's were brand new I hated them I liked the cars from the 60s much more the Charger from 69 and 70 were so cool and I hated the 71's and aside of the Cuda's and Challengers I thought the entire MOPAR line was hokey looking. Now I really like this design. If I wasn't such a Ford guy I could easily be a MOPAR guy no problem.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

It's funny how we've come to appreciate some of these cars from the 70's. When I was in High School and these MOPAR's were brand new I hated them I liked the cars from the 60s much more the Charger from 69 and 70 were so cool and I hated the 71's and aside of the Cuda's and Challengers I thought the entire MOPAR line was hokey looking. Now I really like this design. If I wasn't such a Ford guy I could easily be a MOPAR guy no problem.

I hear you, I used to like the 60's car too. Was going through some photo's from 73 that I took. One is a over the hood shot from my 73 in 1973 and the second is at a rest stop. Not sure why I took that picture of the Charger.

684336966_0ld1(1).thumb.jpg.c5e95de13a292f59c55e88b85a8848b3.jpg

1802790908_0ld1(2).thumb.jpg.fe195c5b4132f5b93c18ea12a4191d35.jpg

-john

(jbojo)

That's going to be a bad ass car, love it! Do you have a estimate of when you'll have it completed by? If you're ever in the Olympia area with it make sure you give me a heads up so I can see it in person.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

That's going to be a bad ass car, love it! Do you have a estimate of when you'll have it completed by? If you're ever in the Olympia area with it make sure you give me a heads up so I can see it in person.

Jim,

I am planning for around the spring of next year. It will depend on if there are any body issues or rust that needs to be dealt with. Also I am on a waiting list for a A855 5 spd tranny for it which should be available around February. For sure I'll let you know when I bring it over to the west side. Hoping to take it to some summer shows next year.

-john

(jbojo)

Looks good John.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the 72 RR.

Never had multi carbs so yeah the tuning will be a new experience for me. That was one of the reasons why the 4V carb was used for break in to avoid unnecessary cranking of the motor. The power steering pump is on the motor now, still waiting for the alternator brackets and a few misc parts.

Bad news, or good news for my bank account! The 72 Roadrunner was sold a few weeks ago. It's probably a good thing that I didn't drive past it every day. My driveway is already full (nothing classic though) and I didn't need to explain the expenditure to the Mrs...:whistling:

That 72 was a good price, didn't think it would last long.

The motor is essentially done now. Now to get the bell housing for it. I have located the correct one so I'll be getting it soon. The dizzy on the motor is not the dual point one. Just used that one because it was known to work for the motor start up.

front2.JPG.6bc3758ab82e61e89f2a6099f8bbbeb6.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

I am such a geek for the B/RB mopars. Every time you post a picture of the motor I just drool.

And I would like to mention that I really appreciate all the information I have received and learned on this forum, and have also noticed that a bunch of ford guys are not snobby about having us discuss mopars here.

This is truly a diverse and helpful forum...::thumb::

• 2 weeks later...

I need to replace the Pilot Bushing on the crankshaft for the manual transmission input shaft. Any suggestions on how to do this. The opening is only .75" so finding a puller may be difficult. Thx

-john

(jbojo)

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

old trick is to pack the hole with grease and hammer a steel drift

into the hole filled with grease and it will hydraulically push it out.

(A 3/8 extension with a deep socket on backwards that fits the ID snugly works)

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

old trick is to pack the hole with grease and hammer a steel drift

into the hole filled with grease and it will hydraulically push it out.

(A 3/8 extension with a deep socket on backwards that fits the ID snugly works)

Paul

Even if the thickness is .18" (3/16")?

-john

(jbojo)

yes try this way first but drive tool must fit snugly

IF there is room behind it you can try a slide hammer puller attachment.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oes-27059

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

a warning on the grease method

The grease that escapes when you do this can come out with enough force to actually penetrate skin

Wear safety gear and use common sense.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!