• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71 fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iustang17

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mach 1
Hey everyone,

Never meant this car to be a trailer queen... it was made to be a fun driver and I have certainly had fun driving it. Bought this car when I was 16 to fix up when time and money allowed... was a daily driver for two years between 2002 - 2004, painted in 2004, stripes on in 2008, and then insert plenty of time until now.

The VIN is a fastback (1F02H) originally RED, 351 2v auto, A/C, front disc brakes, P/B, and P/S. Now yellow with mach 1 stripes and deluxe interior ready to install (dash bezels from door to door, center gauges, and door panels). The yellow tribute came from a parts car purchased that turned out to be a mach 1 (1F05H) and originally grabber yellow, but FAR greater of a project/restoration than willing to take on. I realize 71 mach front nose was urethane, but the mach 1 parts car had chrome when I purchased so I went that route as part of the tribute. Not everything is a true tribute in this build, such as the addition of the 3 guage cluster in center.

The tribute has had extensive metal work done: core support, front/rear fender aprons, fenders, extensive cowl repair, doors, full length floor pans, trunk pan, trunk drop offs, and tail light panel.

After the car sat for a few years in storage after college, I had some extra money to start thinking about finishing this project up! Between using some of the original Mach 1 pieces, I purchased everything else I felt would complete and button up the interior... but as any project goes, other expenses came up and this again got put on back burner. With no end in sight, I'm ready to pass the torch and let someone else finish what I started! All parts, both interior and some exterior, totalling over $3,800 (my purchase price in 2010) come with the sale of vehicle.

For your consideration is a 100% rust free 71 fastback mach 1 tribute, strong 351 2v motor, and strong auto trans. feel free to ask away with any questions. asking $12,000

... i've tried uploading pictures with this post, but to no avail. car is also on ebay, item #261233831048 ...I can email you additionals if interested, just PM me your email

lets try pictures this time

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. BTW not all 71 Mach 1's had urethane bumpers. Seems to be about 50/50
All 71 - 2 Mach 1's had urethane bumpers

Painted bumper and hood / fender trim were standard.

Back