• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parting Out 1971 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 MUSTANG MACH 1
426 HP 351W/AOD
Ok guys, I just bought a 71 coupe. It was a 351 2v automatic. Engine is in pieces. I don't have it in my hands yet so I can't post any good pic's yet
2j1lpiq.jpg
but probably by the first of the week. Meanwhile I thought I'd at least give you a heads up.

I'm only keeping a few parts for myself so most are up for grabs.

This is a California car so rust isn't an issue and most of the sheet metal is pretty clean. I haven't done this before so I'll have to figure out shipping as we go. Not looking to get rich here just recover what I spent so no e-bay prices. I'll post some pic's as soon as I take delivery.

In the mean time you can e-mail me if you wish.

Thanks

Kevin

[email protected]

Cool I've responded to the e-mails I received so far. Hopefully the car will be here today or tomorrow so I can get specifics for you all.

On favor though. Put the numbers 71 in the title of your e-mails. some of them are going into my spam folder and I don't want to miss anyone.

Thanks

Kevin

Now you know what Santa Clause feels like at the north pole each year. Getting all those good little boys and girls Christmas list. Now the bad ones........

Thank you for sharing with the group the opportunity to work a deal with you on parts before going to eBay with the hassle of all of that. I am sure you will make many members very happy to be part of the forum and connected with others like you truly passionate about making our cars special and benefiting from this great forum.

Got a glove box light/switch ?
Don't know yet.

Car arrived today at my buddies shop but I only got to spend about 30 minutes looking at it before he closed for the weekend.

Did notice something odd. Basically as you can imagine the interior is pretty neglected but I looked at the dash pad and it looked flawless.

Odd I thought so I touched it and it came off in my hands. It was a plastic shell that fit over the original trashed dash pad and was held on by double sided tape.

Ok, started to disassemble and see what I've got.

Misc 351 2v parts.

intake, valve covers, heads, air cleaner. I don't trust the block without a tear down because it ate a cam.

Passenger side fender looks to be in pretty good shape other than 3 or four coats of paint. The top one might be house paint

Hood. Non NASA two holes drilled for aftermarket pins in the wrong spot. some minor dents and of course lots of paint

Drivers side fender looks like someone was finger painting with bondo and the rear edge has been crumpled by the door.

Both doors look in pretty good shape. Minor dings and see paint above.

No sheet metal from the strike plates back is worth anything.

Hood and trunk hinges

Headlight assemblies look ok

All Glass

Base model high back seats plus rear seat. Wear, small tears in vinyl, but solid. I don't see any cracks in seat backs although they started life tan and at some point became black so they would need attention. One knob missing.

Instrument cluster and bezel(non tack) are in good shape. Metal dash and glove box door in good shape.

AMX shifter.

Rear Q panels (Interior) look like they could be cleaned and painted.

Some of the plastic moldings around the roof are ok

Nothing else in the interior is really worth mentioning.

I suspect the trans is AMX but have not confirmed.

I Suspect 9in rear end but have not confirmed.

More on that later.

If the interior is black. I could use seat belts, reel cover, seat belt bolt covers, and rear quarter panel belt fairleads.

Any chance it had the accessory 3 insturment cluster??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back