Mach 1 tailpanel trim hardware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I imagine everyone is starting to think I live on an island with as many times I am coming back to the group for measurements or parts. I placed an order with AMK for the honeycomb panel mounting kit and planned to get that installed tonight. Opened the box and invoice indicated No Longer Available. A heads up from them would have been nice!

I need to get the acorn nuts that mount inside the trunk for the honeycomb panel. Does anyone either have measurements they could take and description of the finish so I can search the web or possibly a set to sell? All help is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto for me! I need four for the trunk trim and I need the hood molding acorns also. If any one scores, keep me in mind also. Thanks.

Don's site lists them as not available. I will check to see if he may have any off a parts car.
Maybe you could use the same ones that hold the front hood trim on ? I bought new hood ones from Don not that long ago.

Or these

http://www.cjponyparts.com/67-8-cp-trunk-lid-mldg-9-hardware-only-1967-1968/p/F807/
Q - Thanks for the suggestion, but they are not the same. Hood ones are shorter than the tailpanel ones.

A local friend checked his for me and the tailpanel pieces are a 3/8 hex and 1/2 long from the flange that tightens against the inner tailpanel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don's site lists them as not available. I will check to see if he may have any off a parts car.
Maybe you could use the same ones that hold the front hood trim on ? I bought new hood ones from Don not that long ago.

Or these

http://www.cjponyparts.com/67-8-cp-trunk-lid-mldg-9-hardware-only-1967-1968/p/F807/
Q - Thanks for the suggestion, but they are not the same. Hood ones are shorter than the tailpanel ones.

A local friend checked his for me and the tailpanel pieces are a 3/8 hex and 1/2 long from the flange that tightens against the inner tailpanel.
I checked the something last year.

I even checked the Granger, Fastenal, and other hardware stores, but nothing even close.

and if you buy new trim pieces they send regular nuts, not acorn nuts.

CJ Pony parts use to have them and their part number was F1196. I bought a set back in 2010. Here is a picture I took when they came in so you can see the color:

Ditto for me! I need four for the trunk trim and I need the hood molding acorns also. If any one scores, keep me in mind also. Thanks.
Kat I have new hood molding nuts

The acorn nuts for the tail panel trim are caps over the hex head threaded nuts - they are not available

I have new clips with star nuts for non concours use

OR

I can see what I have in used original nuts

Don

CJ Pony parts use to have them and their part number was F1196. I bought a set back in 2010. Here is a picture I took when they came in so you can see the color:
That is the exact kit that I ordered. I thought $22 was alot for just the acorn nuts as they are listed in AMKs catalog as just the nuts, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I still needed the clips for the molding. The bad thing is think thay came with the NOS tail panel and trim when I bought them years ago and took them to the body shop with the car. I got the honeycomb panel and trim molding back in the box with the other parts still to be installed, but no hardware kit for this. That just gets under my skin to know I may have had them and lost them. I have called my body guy and he is going to look around for some in his shop to help me out as well.

I apologize to everyone if my OCD is showing through on this, I was just soooo ready to have the back of the car finished up to move on to the next area of focus. :mad:

Kat I have new hood molding nuts

The acorn nuts for the tail panel trim are caps over the hex head threaded nuts - they are not available

I have new clips with star nuts for non concours use

OR

I can see what I have in used original nuts

Don
Are the nuts we're talking about the same ones you gave me when I came to your store?

Mach71351c PM sent.

This forum is the best. It never ceases to impress me how we are able to share our knowledge, support and PARTS with others when needed. I only hope to repay the favor to mach71351c and others when needed and I have what they need.

Kat I may have a lead on some more. I will let you know as soon as I know.

It makes me sad to think all your cars are so pristine your biggest concern is a few nuts in the trunk, I'm usually just praying mine doesn't fall apart this quarter mile.

Back