what do y'all think?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be for a modern drive line swap (v10 / auto) for the wife but no title ... but $6 to get a new one made IF I can contact the person who's name it's registered to now and get a bill of sale through them

Buy it as a parts car. If you can get a title and make a car out of it - good deal.

But if it gets stuck as a parts car, you are not hurt. Agree with Caspianwendell on price...

Ray

Auron, are you trying to make your back yard look like my back yard by lining up future projects?

It runs and drives, that's worth $500 for those two items.

I don't know. I know on the east coast you call that workable sheet metal buy here in California we would call that scrap. But I'd probably pay $500 for it if it were out here. Drive train is probably worth that.

As for restoring it by the time you media blast and paint you'll be digging a pretty big money pit. Better to spend a little more and get something solid to work with.

But I looked at a Mach 1 2v base model in worse shape yesterday the guy wanted $6800. for. I told him he was a bit high and his response was. "Next week I'm putting a battery in it and the price goes up to $8000."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. I know on the east coast you call that workable sheet metal buy here in California we would call that scrap. But I'd probably pay $500 for it if it were out here. Drive train is probably worth that.

As for restoring it by the time you media blast and paint you'll be digging a pretty big money pit. Better to spend a little more and get something solid to work with.

But I looked at a Mach 1 2v base model in worse shape yesterday the guy wanted $6800. for. I told him he was a bit high and his response was. "Next week I'm putting a battery in it and the price goes up to $8000."
All I can say is WOW :huh:

I have never spent 1,200 on a battery, hell if he is willing to buy one cheap I'll sell him a brand new optima yellow top for $600 lol

Edit: in 3 days when I am back in Texas I'll see if it comes with the trailer for that $900

Last edited by a moderator:

All I can say is WOW :huh:
Yeah, I've seen stuff like that here in Maine with a starting price of 2K.

Auron, are you trying to make your back yard look like my back yard by lining up future projects?
...And... it's going 'where' again? I'm pretty sure we're at the limit of "parts/project cars" at the Hobby Shop - 4 Mustangs and 2 Galaxies - pushin' our luck, Man. (Gotta get those things stripped down sooner than later - and I'm just glad the '72 we already have is not restorable)

BTW - I can't see the listing from work... looks like they've blocked CL, too.

...And... it's going 'where' again? I'm pretty sure we're at the limit of "parts/project cars" at the Hobby Shop - 4 Mustangs and 2 Galaxies - pushin' our luck, Man. (Gotta get those things stripped down sooner than later - and I'm just glad the '72 we already have is not restorable)

BTW - I can't see the listing from work... looks like they've blocked CL, too.
Here ya go Eric...

"1972 Ford Mustang Grande - $900 (Brownwood)

1972 Mustang Grande, 302 engine, C4 Cruise O Matic tranny,runs and drives, needs alot done to put on road, Good parts car, restore? Floor pan rusty, no title. Located at Brownwood lake. Can call 325-642-3189. Asking $900.00. May do trades, make offer. "

3I93Jb3H95I15Na5G7d5g08feabfde9a9194b.jpg

3G83I63N75Ne5I95Gbd5gd59c7ef8d7951c63.jpg

3M73I33Jd5G65Mc5J5d5g87479fd1d6361e14.jpg

3K63L43Jb5L35E25K6d5gb5e7c6f134a519ef.jpg

Back