Hello from :Cocoa Beach, Fl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kit Sullivan

Hello, brand new to this thread (but not new to Mustangs!)

Here is my 71 429 mach 1.

I am the original owner, bought it in Houston, Tx back in late '70. (Man, am I old!)

It has 350,000 miles on it as it sits now. daily driver for 25+ years, ,wrecked and repainted several times, restored about 10 years ago.

Not perfect, but it still runs like a scalded dog and, drives straight and true and gets the heads turning at local cruise nights and car shows.

internet version.jpg

Picture 995.jpg

Picture 1001.jpg

Picture 1007.jpg

That is probably one of the highest mileage Mach 1's I have heard of. Great that you held onto it for all of those years. Welcome from W. TN. Cruise around the site and share and learn with everyone else. If you have any of the original purchase documentation I now I would be interested to see it and I think others would as well. Glad to have you join the family.

Welcome from another original owner. Your car looks great!

::welcome:: From the Tampa Bay Area. Love the ride. One owner, Wow! Now that is a true to earth dedication to the Big cars.

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe. Nice car and it's cool that you are the original owner.

Hi Kit. Welcome from coastal Alabama! Awesome looking car and it's awesome that it's your daily driver too! How cool is that! You've just been given the original owner badge that shows up under your name.

I was just in Cocoa Beach a couple of weeks ago. I have family on Barrello Ln and get down there occasionally. I may be there toward the end of July.

Only in Florida---well, I guess it might work in Texas and Arizona, etc.--can you use a classic car as your daily driver and actually amass 350,000 miles on it. Well-done and welcome to you and your beautiful Pony. Original owner, too. WOW! Very cool!

I use a 1979 Bird as a daily driver here on the west coast of FL; mileage today sits between 350,000-360,000 miles. Drove it to the office this morning with the AC system purring like a kitten. Much more comfortable to drive than a 1971 Mach 1, though.

I bought the car in Houston and then moved to California in 1980. Back to Texas in '85, and then to Buffalo, New York in '89. Drove the car 15 years full-time through salty Buffalo winters...that took it's toll. Restored it ( lots of rusty sheetmetal replaced) in 2005. Have put about 10;000 miles on it since then.

Yes, factory a/c. never put thestuff back in. It is not 100% accurate, but I keep it as close to stock-looking as I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back