• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71-72 power window switches for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grd777

Reaction score
My Car
72 q code
have a few switches for sale $30 each email for more info

100_2013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day do you just have the switch or is it the complete switch assembly, I'm in need of the clips that hold the Bezel onto the door trim...
sorry just switchs

G'day do you just have the switch or is it the complete switch assembly, I'm in need of the clips that hold the Bezel onto the door trim...
sorry just switchs
Good LUCK...I've been looking for 3 years!!!! The few I've found,(complete base, clips and bezels have ranged from 1100.00 up to 3000.00 and the clips are not manufactured any longer.

If any of you have this elusive clip I can get a price for short run stamping for them. The tooling will be a few hundred dollars so the piece price will depend on how many we want to make. I did find pictures of the clip on the Cougar site but they did not have one to go by. I need one functioning clip that can be measured to produce a print and CAD model of the clip. I understand it is two clips per switch and you would need 6 per car. I think these are also used on other models of Ford vehicles do any of you know the ones that use them? I do not have any of the clips and also need two of the switch receptacles that the switch plugs into.

Thanks for any help,

David

I have power windows in my car...I think a couple of them still have the clips. If I can get them out without breaking them, I can get them to you as long as I get them back. And will buy replacements depending on price. Let me know.

Are these the clips you guys are talking about???

34qoarc.jpg

If any of you have this elusive clip I can get a price for short run stamping for them. The tooling will be a few hundred dollars so the piece price will depend on how many we want to make. I did find pictures of the clip on the Cougar site but they did not have one to go by. I need one functioning clip that can be measured to produce a print and CAD model of the clip. I understand it is two clips per switch and you would need 6 per car. I think these are also used on other models of Ford vehicles do any of you know the ones that use them? I do not have any of the clips and also need two of the switch receptacles that the switch plugs into.

Thanks for any help,

David
I have those clips. Yes I know a LOT about them. What kind of deal are you thinking? I wont just pass them over for the receipt of a few clips. Its just business! I can send you the clips for the set up. One is perfect the other is cracked for the gang of 5 and I have 2 good sets of the "individual" switch bezels that can be used. I will ship and insure for 3000 because that is what they can make a incomplete power window set worth. So the ball is in your court.

This did not show up on my mail just happened to see it. Are you saying the clip for the drivers gang switch is the same as the single switches?

The pics that the cougar guys sent is nothing like the gang switch clips. The system I have has both of the gang switch clips in place and not broken.

I need the single switch clips that you know work not sprung out. The Mercury guys are probably going to send one and I will let them dist. the clips for the service.

I don't know how to get the pics attached here that the Cougar guys sent they say 70 - 72 Cougar and Mustang are the same so there is a need for 6 on every car still carrying the p.w. option.

I don't think the pw will ever sell for $3,000 rebuilt and every piece there. I am doing total rebuild of this one while waiting on the clips and receptacles. I might end up in one of mine depends on how it goes.

David

This did not show up on my mail just happened to see it. Are you saying the clip for the drivers gang switch is the same as the single switches?

The pics that the cougar guys sent is nothing like the gang switch clips. The system I have has both of the gang switch clips in place and not broken.

I need the single switch clips that you know work not sprung out. The Mercury guys are probably going to send one and I will let them dist. the clips for the service.

I don't know how to get the pics attached here that the Cougar guys sent they say 70 - 72 Cougar and Mustang are the same so there is a need for 6 on every car still carrying the p.w. option.

I don't think the pw will ever sell for $3,000 rebuilt and every piece there. I am doing total rebuild of this one while waiting on the clips and receptacles. I might end up in one of mine depends on how it goes.

David
David NOT EVEN the same! on the gang of 5 switches. I have clips for the single switch and it is definitely different and yes the Cougar guys CLAIM they have them until questioned thoroughly by me. THEN he wanted to HANG UP on me and I was quite polite during the process but I ask intelligent questions he couldnt answer.

as for the third item....its a LIE! 70 is no where near the same!

Back