Hello from Richmond, Va '71 Fastback project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreWRoolZ

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
Hey I'm new to the forums and to Mustangs in general. Always wanted a '71-'73 Mustang Fastback ever since watching the original Gone in 60 Seconds & I finally found one of my own. Lots of work ahead of me but it will be worth it when I'm done! Just bought this on Saturday (6/29/2013) no motor in it but it originally came with a 302 & C4 Automatic Transmission. Plan on finding a 351W to build up & put in it. Body has some rust but is overall pretty solid. Interior is crap but I can find body & interior parts online pretty easily. Can't wait to get started on this thing. First step is to wash all the moss off as it has been sitting in the woods for a few years. I look forward to talking to other 71-73 Mustang enthusiasts :D

k1dtuh.jpg

mrxtzq.jpg

Looks like you got some cleaning ahead of you. Simple Green and a Power washer can help that situation alot. Make sure to check the cowl vents for little friends. I live down in Petersburg/Ft. Lee.

Welcome from Northern Virginia! I think you found the right place for incentive and help in getting your 71 on the road.

Welcome from coastal Alabama. The 71s are my favorite year. Looks like yours is a sportsroof model with the protection group option and possibly the decor group option. One word of caution is to not throw anything away from the car because many of the parts aren't reproduced especially the trim pieces.

Best of luck with it and congratulations for the purchase.

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Funny that you have been influenced by the original "Gone in 60 seconds" and your car already has the correct flat hood and even the non original but correct Eleanor like hood center blackout. :cool:

Welcome from Maryland!

I think you found my first fastbacks cousin! When I got it, the previous owner did the same center hood black out just like that...I was even missing the grill and had the bumper guards too...only thing different was mine was painted burgandy (which had oxidized badly and when you sanded it, kind of took on a purplish pink hue...yuck!).

Good luck with getting her started!

Michael

Thanks everyone! I can tell you all really like Mustangs just by the fact that nobody has said anything about the Model A & F-1 Pickup in the background! :p Those are my dad's girlfriend's projects along with the Cutlass Convertible & she has a '41 Cadillac, '62 Corvette, & '51 Ford Victoria Coupe! She loves Fords & my dad loves GM so they got a few of both lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back