My Model A Woody runs again!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
It runs again! Several months ago the Babbit on the number three rod in my Model A Station Wagon decided to find a new home. Tonight I finally got the woody running again. SOOO HAPPY about that! This is my first major project on a Model A, I am glad to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

That looks like fun! My dad had a few Model A's and my favorite was the 1930 Deluxe Coupe with dual side-mount spares.

Not sure if that was original but it looked sweet. It also had the rear trunk modified to be a rumble seat. (No pic handy - sorry)

Thanks for the pic and feel free to post some more!!!

btw - I told my girlfriend about someone posting his woody on the Mustang forum. She about tripped over the chair running in here to look! LOL

Ray

That looks like fun! My dad had a few Model A's and my favorite was the 1930 Deluxe Coupe with dual side-mount spares.

Not sure if that was original but it looked sweet. It also had the rear trunk modified to be a rumble seat. (No pic handy - sorry)

Thanks for the pic and feel free to post some more!!!

btw - I told my girlfriend about someone posting his woody on the Mustang forum. She about tripped over the chair running in here to look! LOL

Ray
Hmmm so much can be said there and shouldn't, but it's HARD to resist the temptation

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are cracking me up! By the way I did resist the urge to title it "my Woody is UP and running..."

Here is a picture of the current steering wheel. The one in the other picture was Walnut and had eight sides. This one is Cedar and is twelve sided. My Dad made both wheels as well as the shift knob. The wheel and knob are designed after some '30's era accessories by LaPierre. The wood wheels/rims on the car are also a extremely rare accessory item made by Motor Wheel--originally Model A's only had steel spoke wheels.

View attachment 14786

Back