interior fold down seat installation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73Qcode

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang Q Code Mach1
In need of help i cant find any information on how to install the fold down seat for the rear can someone post some diagragams or give me info as to what to do thanks

In need of help i cant find any information on how to install the fold down seat for the rear can someone post some diagragams or give me info as to what to do thanks
First of all whatnare you trying to do...add the seat to a non foldown car, or replace the seat of a car already equipped with it?

Im trying to see what the car came with when i got car all the interior was ripped out.So i have a fold down seat but im not sure what i need or how it installs.Jeff could u send it to me from ur book i dont have one thanks guys.

So does anyone have or can help on information for my issue on fold down seats thanks

So does anyone have or can help on information for my issue on fold down seats thanks
Take and post pictures of what you have - maybe we can then ID what you need

Don

You can also look up some older posts be

marks73

He installed one and had pics on here

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0414.JPGIMG_0414.JPGThanks don really appreciate that heres some picsIMG_0413.JPG

I tried to scan the shop manual section but it is not legible to see. You need the "body" shop manual book section 41-20...there is five pages with diagrams of everything. Maybe someone has a better scanner or knows how to enlarge.

Jeff

Don't know if this will help but here is mine as I was reinstalling it...

53mssm.jpg

zwg7yb.jpg

2598hnk.jpg

2la4fiq.jpg

From the pics you posted

That is a fixed rear reat

To installed a fold down you will need to cut the fixed bracketry out and weld in the fold down brackets, support panels ans misc parts.

When you swap to a fold down you are removing and reinstalling stuctural parts of the uni-body.

It is not a bolt in job

Look up marks73 posts - he did the conversion

Don't know if this will help but here is mine as I was reinstalling it...

53mssm.jpg

zwg7yb.jpg

2598hnk.jpg

2la4fiq.jpg
Hi There,

your sail panels seems to sit nicely on the sides .... how did you do that ?

I got my car dismantled and I am now finishing it.

The sail panels seems originally to have loose vinyl on the top part as if it would be "pushed" somewhere under something....

I would appreciate your comment.

Thanks

Sail panels extra material gets glued on edge of the rear window opening

If your window is in the car you can work it under the rubber seal

Don

Back