AM 8-Track Radio bellows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDK

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MACH 1
I am looking for the part that is the flexible rubber hose/line that holds the speaker wire from front door to pillar (wish I had the pic). Think it was called a "bellows". I've seen this for sale somewhere and cannot seem to find it anywhere now. Anyone know who might have this for sale?

BDK

I am looking for the part that is the flexible rubber hose/line that holds the speaker wire from front door to pillar (wish I had the pic). Think it was called a "bellows". I've seen this for sale somewhere and cannot seem to find it anywhere now. Anyone know who might have this for sale?

BDK
I have a used one that I removed from a donor door on my car. If you want to PM me I will just send it to you. The ends are a little beat up but he corrugated part is intact. I also have the speaker and attached wiring if you are interested, I will include that also. Not that it matters but this was in a rh door.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that's why recommend getting them. $80s not bad for good quality OEM parts. Next best thing I think would be those electric life ones.

Looks like the either the owner took them down or auction ended, didn't pay attention to how long was left when I looked the first time.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot, did still need one and missed it....Well, hopefully there will be others...:)

BDK

BDK
Hey never put armor all on anything very bad.

I think I can give you the part numbers and I have a couple sets of NOS ones in the garage for my 72 and 73 verts. I just got the AM - 8 tracks off ebay last week.

I bought theses years ago kept blowing the speakers in my Mach 1 listening to Pink Floyd, lol. They would only be on cars that had power windows or the stereo speakers to protect the wires.

The kit that includes the two speakers, all the wires, two speaker grills, mounting hardware and the two rubber bellows is D2ZZ-18808A. The individual boots and wire harness has a tag with D1ZB-15629BD & D1ZB-15629AD. I guess the door speakers were not on a 71?? since the part number is 72 but there would have been 71 cars with power windows so the boots carry a 71#.

I have also attached a couple pictures the boots look the same for Right or Left it is just the wiring that is not symmetrical.

Sorry cannot sell them they are turning into gold each day.

David

Whoa. I am going to go down to the garage and armor-all those things right now!
Gosh I have not learned how to use this system. I thought I had posted a reply and some pics this morning but I do not see them.

I went to the garage and I have two sets of NOS Ford Speaker Kits Part # D2ZZ18808A. It contains the two speakers, speaker grills, wiring with the rubber boots and the mounting hardware. The wires with the boots have the following part numbers. D1ZB15629BD for one side and the other D1Zb15629AD for the other. I guess the speakers were a 72, 73 option and the wiring boot would have been for 71 - 73 since all could have power windows and would also need the boot. The boot looks the same for either number.

Good luck on your search I just got the two AM / 8 Tracks I bought on Ebay last week. Both look great just need a set of knobs for one.

Please do not put Armor all on anything. Do a test applying it and put in sun and see what happens to the test sample. It is also the curse of the paint shop fish eyes everywhere.

David

Back