'71'73 Mustangs.com Annual Meet & Greet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1965 Mustang 2+2
1973 Mustang Convertable
WHAT???

Yeah missing an get together, so's you can put faces the some of the names on the forum.

Stay with this fer a while I'm headed in a direction.

How many of Y'all take your car on interstate runs?? I mean really go somewhere in it.

How bout going on a Cruise anyone interested??

WHAT???

Yeah missing an get together, so's you can put faces the some of the names on the forum.

Stay with this fer a while I'm headed in a direction.

How many of Y'all take your car on interstate runs?? I mean really go somewhere in it.

How bout going on a Cruise anyone interested??
Hey Tubo,

I get what you mean about an actual get together, but we do have a faces to screen names thread.

I'm up for an interstate cruise. I took it to Biloxi and back one morning a few weeks ago...120 miles round trip. I discovered/learned three things. 1. My car NEEDS A/C. 2. It needs new steering and suspension parts. And 3. It gets 15 mpg at 70mph.

If some members get together and do a cruise I'll make a special award icon for the participants.

Hey Tubo,

I get what you mean about an actual get together, but we do have a faces to screen names thread.
Nah I ain't talking bout puter faces. Who is yer best Buddyon the Forum, yet you havent met face to face. Wouldent it be great to meet several of the folks here.

Let me tell you it is great, and you build friendships you woulden't trade all the rust free 71-73 convertible chassis in Arizona.

That would be really cool, but I need to get it back on the road. Oh yeah, and safe too.
I have been planning a road trip actually a side trip, and will be joined by several other Stangs.Folks here might be interested in joining up at least for the side trip.

Faces to the screen names thread is a good one.
Completely different from a thread, Up close & personal so's you can smell on his/her breath what they had for breakfast.

Hey Tubo,

Seeing someone on the puter isn't the same as, sharing some road time, You can talk about thet thing Ya want to do that is just too complex to describe. You get to find out who this long standing friend really itz it's purdy Cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on a few cruises with the local Mustang club I belong to but the only other 71-73 in the club is Pat (Totalled) in his 73. I agree it would be really cool to get a bunch of only 71-73's in a cruise but we're all so spread out it would be pretty hard to do in any numbers. Plus as Don pointed out "most" of our cars don't have functioning AC, they suck up the gas and are LOUD, so the fun factor decreases the further the cruise. The longest cruise I've been on was 300 miles last year along the Pugent Sound, the first 100 miles was awesome, the second 100 miles was OK, but the last 100 miles was (are we there yet?)

My meds hit me terrible hard last night, I did not get posted what I had intended, Take a deap breath, Cos here we go again;

Wednesday evening of Sept 26, 2013, Several of my Mustang Buddies are meeting to overnight in Tellico Plains Tenn. Beginning of Cherohalla Skyway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherohala_Skyway

cherohala.jpg

Thursday AM we head out on the Cherohala Skyway to; drive 43 miles to Robbins N C, Then past Lake Santeethla & Fugitive Dam (Harrison Fords character jumped off the dam in The Fugitive)

Then on to Deal's Gap and Tail of the Dragon, ", with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road. The nearby CHEROHALA SKYWAY is quickly becoming number two with its remote 60 miles of scenic mountain highway."

RideMePoster_2013.gif

After doing the Cherohala/Dragon Loop, My group is continuing on to Franklin Tenn, wher have a host providing dinner Thursday PM. We will continue with socalization, Car stuff fer the guys, GF bonding fer the gals, Points of interest for all.

This side trip is all my doing and I can invite whoever I like. If several 7173'ers would care to join along, I promise a Mustang Road Trip You'll never forget. It may be the beginning of a dedicated 7173 Mustang annual event(Idea to to go to a different location each year) Doing stuff like this IS the Reason I have my Mustangs.

As for the rest of the weekend, it is MustangSteve's annual Bash. It's open to any and all Mustangers, You Do Not Have to belong to MustangSteve's FYI Ford Forum. The intent is for (Classic guys especially)Mustangers to get together to meet one another, make friends, and have fun without getting too stupid like I did 2012.

I really hesitated to even mention another Forum, Cos I do Not want to be seen as trying to Pirate members from another forum. Butt the event is just too much fun, not to encourage other Stangers to particiate too. You don't Not attend a car show just because another group sponsors it, Right??

Corky

If you weren't on the other side of the continent I would totally be up for something like this, but that's a bit far for me to drive to... well drive even more.

I do agree though, I think it would be cool to see some specific 7173 get togethers pop up so that people can find out who is local to them if they ever need a helping hand or just someone to BS with!

Yeah Mech, driving across county ALONE can be lonely, Doing it with friends is completely different. Two years ago, we drove from Florida to Dallas, joined by two cars, then proceded through Colorado (and Pikes Peak) adding more classic Mustangs as we went along, Wyoming,Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Montana, to Glacier National Park our destination. We returned home via Custer Battleground, Black Hills, Mt Rushmore, a total of 16 states, and 5,637 miles over 2 weeks. Yet it's the Mustang friends we did the trip with, I remember most.

This stuff does have to be planned ahead, in 2016, we're going to "Hot August Nights" in Reno, want to meet up??

BTW MustangSteve has said, "Any 7173's are Welcome at the Bash, Come fly your colors"

I for one would luv to see several 7173'ers Represent!

That sounds really cool to me. I wish I had the time to do that ,the money to make my car more than a driver and the money for all the gas + food. Maybe I"ll be able to do that someday though. :cool:

Yeah Mech, driving across county ALONE can be lonely, Doing it with friends is completely different. Two years ago, we drove from Florida to Dallas, joined by two cars, then proceded through Colorado (and Pikes Peak) adding more classic Mustangs as we went along, Wyoming,Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Montana, to Glacier National Park our destination. We returned home via Custer Battleground, Black Hills, Mt Rushmore, a total of 16 states, and 5,637 miles over 2 weeks. Yet it's the Mustang friends we did the trip with, I remember most.

This stuff does have to be planned ahead, in 2016, we're going to "Hot August Nights" in Reno, want to meet up??

BTW MustangSteve has said, "Any 7173's are Welcome at the Bash, Come fly your colors"

Me too!

Corky, you need to have Mustang Steve join our site. Go to your user CP and copy the referral link and send it to him. ;)

Humph...

Due to the overwhelming resoponse, I'm beginning to think everyone here has a "Trailer Queen" and can't drive more than 22 miles from home.

Jeff73Mach1 Your Member Map pin indicates a whoppin 30min drive time to the Franklin Bash location.(Pesky member pin map!!) And Ya have plenty of time to try and fit the Cherohalla/Dragon loop into your schedule. Don't Ya have some local Mustang Buddies, to bring along??

Tubo

Well if my damn machinist will get back in town and finish my block, so I can order my rotating assembly and I can get everything back together and there are no tuning or break in issues, I'd love to do it. I have a yearly shooting competition in North Alabama that time of year that I take my older son to and it is going to be his first year to shoot, but I believe it is the following weekend.

I don't have any car enthusiast friends locally as I moved here years ago and my car hobby was on hold for a long while.

Jeff we be happiest to have you show up with your 73 Mach for the Cherohala/ Dragon Cruise. However It will still be gerat to meet you and share a burger or three on Saturday

BTW Bash info http://fyi.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=10

Ineed to add more 7173'ers to my meet & greet list :run_horse:

Tubo

My meds hit me terrible hard last night, I did not get posted what I had intended, Take a deap breath, Cos here we go again;

Wednesday evening of Sept 26, 2013, Several of my Mustang Buddies are meeting to overnight in Tellico Plains Tenn. Beginning of Cherohalla Skyway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherohala_Skyway

cherohala.jpg

Thursday AM we head out on the Cherohala Skyway to; drive 43 miles to Robbins N C, Then past Lake Santeethla & Fugitive Dam (Harrison Fords character jumped off the dam in The Fugitive)

Then on to Deal's Gap and Tail of the Dragon, ", with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road. The nearby CHEROHALA SKYWAY is quickly becoming number two with its remote 60 miles of scenic mountain highway."

RideMePoster_2013.gif

After doing the Cherohala/Dragon Loop, My group is continuing on to Franklin Tenn, wher have a host providing dinner Thursday PM. We will continue with socalization, Car stuff fer the guys, GF bonding fer the gals, Points of interest for all.

This side trip is all my doing and I can invite whoever I like. If several 7173'ers would care to join along, I promise a Mustang Road Trip You'll never forget. It may be the beginning of a dedicated 7173 Mustang annual event(Idea to to go to a different location each year) Doing stuff like this IS the Reason I have my Mustangs.

As for the rest of the weekend, it is MustangSteve's annual Bash. It's open to any and all Mustangers, You Do Not Have to belong to MustangSteve's FYI Ford Forum. The intent is for (Classic guys especially)Mustangers to get together to meet one another, make friends, and have fun without getting too stupid like I did 2012.

I really hesitated to even mention another Forum, Cos I do Not want to be seen as trying to Pirate members from another forum. Butt the event is just too much fun, not to encourage other Stangers to particiate too. You don't Not attend a car show just because another group sponsors it, Right??

Corky
Corky, somehow I completely missed seeing this invite. I'd love to do this. Let me see what I can do to put it on my schedule. That is fiscal year end and is a CRAZY time for the government so I may get laughed at when I ask for those days off. I also have to get the front end rebuilt on the 71M 4 speed car due to loose steering. If the 71 isn't feeling up to it I suppose we could bring the wife's '05 stang vert and as a last resort would bring the hotrod Excursion. I've had the X doing 100 or so at the Bristol Speedway track once with a straight pipe exhaust - felt like a part of the NASCAR truck series. Lol

I'd love to drive cross country with friends, that would be an amazing experience. But none of my friends here have enough money to be able to take any kind of time off from work. Hot August Nights would be a sweet place to meet up!

If I'm anywhere near this coast once I get my station I'll be there for sure, and no guarantee that if I don't end up on this coast that I wont end up being there anyway!

My car (either mustang) is by no means a trailer queen! I believe a car is meant to be driven!!!

I've got the OK from my wife for us to do this road trip in the Mach 1. How cool is that! She is a true mustang girl!...only cars she's owned are mustangs, both convertibles and she's rolled with it having two baby car seats in the back since the kids were born.

So it's looking like it will be a go for us in Sept as long as I can get off work.

Back