'71'73 Mustangs.com Annual Meet & Greet

Tubo

Hey Barry and staff,

I just had a whakky idea that sounded good to me.(Just an idea of course!:)

If our forum membership got to a fairly sizeable size, the forum could put on an annual meet and greet rally type affair somewhere in America, and invite all members from around the world to attend. Think of it - wouldn't it be a blast if we could all meet up together for a few days, etc, etc.

Logistically, a big deal i know, but boy, what an event!!

But maybe i'm only dreaming.:angel: Maybe Christmas is getting to me!:P

Greg.:)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Barry and staff,

I just had a whakky idea that sounded good to me.(Just an idea of course!:)

If our forum membership got to a fairly sizeable size, the forum could put on an annual meet and greet rally type affair somewhere in America, and invite all members from around the world to attend. Think of it - wouldn't it be a blast if we could all meet up together for a few days, etc, etc.

Logistically, a big deal i know, but boy, what an event!!

But maybe i'm only dreaming.:angel: Maybe Christmas is getting to me!:P

Greg.:)

Anything is possible! Right now though, smaller regional meets are probably more doable!

spacer.png

I just hosted the annual Tarragon Avenue, Middleburg, FL chapter meet and greet. With current membership at one, the logistics nearly overwhelmed me. However ... I managed to pull it off brilliantly. It was a smashing success. If membership grows any larger, I may have to hire a professional event consultant for next year :D

I would like to try for a New England "Meet and Greet"

we have quite a few members in CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME area

we can all pick a location and go for it ( in the summer)

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Great idea Greg!

I'll help with one in Mustang, Oklahoma!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I have hosted this type of event in the past. If anyone is interested in putting one together in Ontario Canada. I own a campground and can host up to 30 in a group. You would of course need to bring your own trailer/tent etc. I do have one rental cabin that sleeps 5.

I will offer the same rate as other groups that I am a member of. 50% discount off the regular camping rates. The only restriction is that it can't be on any of our 4 long weekends during the summer(Victoria Day/Memorial Day, July 1st/July 4th, August Civic Holiday, Labor Day).

Additionally if anyone is just travelling through my area I will offer the same discount to all 71-71 Mustangs.com members.

I have hosted this type of event in the past. If anyone is interested in putting one together in Ontario Canada. I own a campground and can host up to 30 in a group. You would of course need to bring your own trailer/tent etc. I do have one rental cabin that sleeps 5.

I will offer the same rate as other groups that I am a member of. 50% discount off the regular camping rates. The only restriction is that it can't be on any of our 4 long weekends during the summer(Victoria Day/Memorial Day, July 1st/July 4th, August Civic Holiday, Labor Day).

Additionally if anyone is just travelling through my area I will offer the same discount to all 71-71 Mustangs.com members.

I would love to go to Ontario!

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

I just hosted the annual Tarragon Avenue, Middleburg, FL chapter meet and greet. With current membership at one, the logistics nearly overwhelmed me. However ... I managed to pull it off brilliantly. It was a smashing success. If membership grows any larger, I may have to hire a professional event consultant for next year :D

Hey Pat,

It's always great to see a guy who can get off on his own company!!:D:D:D

Greg.:P

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Hey Pat,

It's always great to see a guy who can get off on his own company!!:D:D:D

Greg.:P

It really works out better this way Greg. I've never been much for being a "member" of anything organized. Which, by the way, made for an interesting dynamic during my tour of duty with the Navy and my 23 year career in the fire service :-/. As Groucho Marx used to say ... "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member". :D

On a more sincere note ... I think it's a grand idea you have there mate. While I may not join any official roster, I'm always up for a party::beer::

This sounds like a great idea! Maybe set up regional events and then a "national" or "international" meet.

An international meet in Mustang, OK seems appropriate to me. The OKC area has a great airport and is fairly centrally located.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I HAVE A FREE place to stay in Hawaii.... so I'm IN!!! My preference would be Blue Ridge Parkway as Don suggest ....you Have to have a good time there. However you guys will have to stop by and pick up my ex-girlfriend at the Tn line...... my wife insist she is still trying to find me. 40 years....yeah I'm sure

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

I'm going to look into having "Northeast Meet and Greet"

the Mustang Club of New England ( www.mccne.com ) has a few shows around the CT and Mass area. we can pick one of the shows and plan to meet there.

the ones in CT are @ Mustangs Unlimited store, we might even get some eastern NY members to join us.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

• 1 year later...

Welllllll, If any folks are up for a road trip to the Texas Hill Country...The 12th ANNUAL MustangSteve BASH will be held in Wimberley, Texas. 12 September 2015

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wimberley,_Texas

A good excuse for a Road Trip. As always 7173 Mustang owners are Welcome. The Texas Hill Country is what most Texans is the Best of Texas.

I'll be leaving Florida, 8 Sept 2015, driving across I-10 West collecting fellow Mustangers as we go along to the Austin/San Antonio region. Please come join up or blaze your own trail there.

Tubo

Miss May, 65 2+2 EFI 331 4R70W 3.55 trac-loc Not much origional remaining

Robert's 73 Vert 308 4R70W 3.25 trac-loc. EFI conversion & 8.8 Trac-Loc 3.31 started.

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it yet.

• 2 years later...

The meet and greets have sort of fallen off the radar screen from what I can gather. I scanned for this post regarding some sort of national get together from years gone by. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested. In looking over the Member Map it appears the highest concentration of members is east of the Mississippi and in the Northeast. To try and split the difference a bit I was wondering if anyone may be interested in meeting up in southern Ohio or Kentucky in the coming year? I recently attended a gathering of a bunch of Cyclone and Talladega owners and it was a small group, but a lot of good conversation and making new friendships. It would probably work best to schedule something to coincide with a long holiday weekend to allow folks some travel time if they are interested.

A couple questions to ponder:

Would you be interested in attending a gathering in 2018?

Would a holiday weekend work for you? If so which?

Would you bring your car or not?

Any other suggestions?

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

I would be interested.

As long as my house and shop are finished I would be to make most weekends work, holiday or not.

If not crazy far I would bring my car.

Closer to Iowa? :)

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Who is going to bring the tow truck! :)

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Why not attend Carlisle 2018 in PA (First weekend in June).

Ford Nationals in Carlisle would be a great meeting place.  "The largest All-Ford event in the world..."

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Why not attend Carlisle 2018 in PA (First weekend in June).

Ford Nationals in Carlisle would be a great meeting place.  "The largest All-Ford event in the world..."

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/

I would like to make it to Carlisle again. Been a couple years since I have been there.  Only 4 or 5 hour drive for me.  let me know if we are going to have a little meet up there and I will make sure I make it this year.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Carlisle would be cool but would be a 14 hour drive from here, in June, in a car with no AC. :(

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg